3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: which Lacrosse rubber boot??????  (Read 319 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
which Lacrosse rubber boot??????
« on: September 12, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
i do not have good luck with rubber boots and want to now try Lacrosse. looking for a noninsulated boot for a lot of walking, would love light weight if possible. looked at the website and just not sure of which one to get, anyone have a reccomendation???
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: which Lacrosse rubber boot??????
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
Burly's..... been around since the 70's or so.  Great fit, snug in the ankle so they don't slip, unisulated but they do have some cushiouning or thicker rubber so they feel better. The burly's are offered in chain link tread or the rubber knobby things.  They also make an insulated Burly too.

The Grange model is a real barn boot type and not as comfortable.

The newer neoprene ones from lacrosse that I tried didn't fit like the Burly's that I've wore since the late 80's.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
I used Lacrosse for years. I switched to Muck boots and I like them a lot better. They are easier to get on and off and lighter.
John

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Ken

I have a pair of Burlys that I've had for quite a few years.  I love the way they fit and they are fairly comfortable.

That said, mine are insulated.  That should probably be an oxymoron, since I have a pair of Rocky knee highs which aren't insulated and they are just as warm as the Burlys.  So much for "insulation".....when its cold outside and you're up in a treestand, your feet are gonna get cold!

The Burleys have held up well for all the years I've had them.  I pretty much wear them all season.......unless it gets stupidly cold!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Love my Alpha Lites in 7MM thickness with side zip ! They also make them in 3.5MM and 5MM thickness without side zips. If you want a super light boot go with the 3.5MM Alpha Lite. I also have the uninsulated Grange or Burlys, and love them too. Biggest diff in my older Lacrosse and the new Alpha is the footbed of the Alpha, much more comfy and feel like you are walking in a pair of high quality tennis shoes. Also the Alpha upper being neoprene hugs your legs and no flopping around of the uppers like the older Lacrosse.

As Cherokee Scout said above as well, the Muck boots are awesome too ! Just go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Dicks and try on both and see which one fits YOUR feet the best. I tried the Muck Boots but the Alpha felt better on my feet. JMHO
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by hayslope:
 when its cold outside and you're up in a treestand, your feet are gonna get cold!

Not if you buy some of the Two Tracks felted wool insoles for your boots.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
I just picked up a new pair of Alpha Burly Sports a couple of weeks back. BassPro had them on sell for about $70 so I snatched a pair. So far I am very happy with them. Easy on and off, comfortable and not too bad on longer hikes. I have hunted wearing them twice now and the stand I was in is about 1 mile hike from where I park and pretty much uphill at least half of that. No pain, no blisters, they are a bit on the heavy side but I expect them to last a bit longer from that extra weight.

Offline ALwoodsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
I have some of the Alpha Lites.  These are the most comfortable and lightest rubber boots that I have worn.  I also have the Alpha Burlys.  They are good boots just not as light and comfortable.

Offline flippnsticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
Alpha Burly and the alpha lite are good boots

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
I love the Alpha Burly side zip but they are insulated.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
Burly classic - green, standard soles. Been wearing them many years.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
I wore alpha burlys for many years. Last pair I had didn't last so I'm Trying out Mucks this year. So far so good. Seems like the mucks don't sweat my feet so bad.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Lacrosse 18" Grange.  Fantastic ankle contour.  You won't pull out of these if stuck in some thick mud.  I have used them for all sorts of outdoor activities for years.  Very comfortable to walk in all day.  I haven't bought a pair in a while and apparently they aren't made in the US anymore.  Not sure if quality has suffered.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Plain old OD green with the yellow ring around the top. Been wearing them as long as I can remember. Have not found anything I like better.
bolong

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
Mike V.-funny you mention felted wool from Two Tracks! just got 2 pair the other day! wanted to have a spare!  lol

Kenny     :bigsmyl:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
just get the reg uninsulated lacross alpha burley. they are warm to pretty late archery. you and me have the same climates. i never thought i would like them esp for hunting mountan type terrain. and i really love them.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I use the Grange greenies... Wool socks and liners in the cold.

If you are walking alot, What I do in all my boots is use an aftermarket insole that has a plastic shank to give support. I use superfeet brand but there are plenty others.... But you need to Get the insoles and socks as it will add a half to one size increase.

Hope it helps
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©