3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sprained collar bone  (Read 158 times)

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
sprained collar bone
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
I've been shooting like crazy all year; bought two new custom bows -- a long bow and a recurve; Have been really looking forward to opening day -- Oct 1st, and now my collar bone is sprained. It doesn't seem to be getting better very quickly. I guess I shouldn't have been shooting between 600 and 800 shots a week!! I'm thinking about trying left handed...
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sprained collar bone
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
I started getting tennis elbow a few weeks ago and had to stop. Now I'm healed and taking it easy compared to what I was. I hope you get better and heal up soon.
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Offline David Dumke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
My collar bone started to hurt a bit after a week, haha. I decided to take a break for a day or two to be ready for a free weekend, thurs night to sunday of shooting. Get well soon.
Hoyt Game Master TD Recurve- 48#'s @ 28"

Checkmate Hunter TD Recurve- 59#'s @ 28"

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
Thanks guys! Mine wouldn't hurt when I was shooting, but the next day it would feel like it was out of place. Like a dummy I wouldn't quit shooting [the addiction thing]. Now I can't shoot at all. I still have over three weeks, hopefully thats enough.

Offline David Dumke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
I know where you're coming from. I dream about shooting my bow with my eyes open. I'll sit in my class and put a dot on my paper, stare at it, and try to put my pen on the dot repeatedly to practice my aim instinctively. doubt this helps any but I do it to sate me cravings, haha.
Hoyt Game Master TD Recurve- 48#'s @ 28"

Checkmate Hunter TD Recurve- 59#'s @ 28"

Offline kwc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
joe maybe something you should have looked at i did something similar to mine, where it connects to your sternum i ended up getting a cortisone shot. it worked, the next step was for them to wire it to the sternum. also pulled the tendons in my hand and had to drop down in bow height while it healed. if somthing hurts its always better to stop and shot another day.hope the recovery is fast, and you enjoy your season

Offline Ron Haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
I suffer from repeated shoulder injuries also.  The set off of it comes in many forms; shooting, pulling on wrenches at work incorrectly, tree cutting work.  It is a real bummer when it hits.  Hit last year in November from the wrenches.  Had to shoot the compound for the rest of the year.  Finally got shoulder back to shooting in January.  I made a go of it till season closed in mid-Febuary.  

I feel your pain though.  Hopefully it heals up for ya quick.
Ron

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
Thanks a lot guys. I'm doing a little better the last few days. Have been icing it a lot and am able to pull the bow a little now. I'm confident I will be able to hunt..not sure about my form being the best at this point. I will have to make sure to get a close shot!!
Kevin, I hope I don't have to get wired!
Joe

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©