3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MO Deer Season Thread  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: MO Deer Season Thread
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Congratulations John!

Nice buck!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
nice buck, congratts!  :thumbsup:

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Good job John!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
Congrats on your buck John!!!

Offline sheephunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Nice buck John! Congrats!
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 58@28
Bob Lee 60" 3PC RC 52@28
Great Plains 64" 1PC LB 57@28
Black Canyon 64" 3PC LB 53@28
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" Fred Bear

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Had an awesome hunt Friday. Walking in jumped a button buck when I was about 30 yards from my stand. It was fairly windy and he couldn't figure what or where I was. He ended up being within 15 yards at one time. This went on for about 10 minutes when something caught his attention to the east. I was filming him with my phone at the time. Whatever it was, was behind me and as I turned to look I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a big ol bobcat! I had seen one about 2 weeks before on the other end of this bluff I was hunting, but was on stand and this one looked much bigger from the ground. He caught me moving to film him and began to crouch down, I didn't know if he was gonna pounce on me or just back away. He chose the later thankfully! Finally was able to get to my stand without spooking the little deer and soon had deer all around. Filmed a nice young 7 pointer at 10 yards and watched him chase every doe that came through. About 6 o'clock some does were coming in a little down wind of me. I think the one caught some of my sent but the wind was fickle and she came closer to investigate. At about 12 yards she started quartering away and caught me drawing as I was about to release she moved ahead and I hit her back a little. Luckily after leaving her over night I found her down by the river and upon inspection it revealed a liver hit. Thank you Lord for having me stay on the trail. Sorry for the long post, just had a great hunt and wanted to share! Good luck fellas!

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Had an awesome hunt Friday. Walking in jumped a button buck when I was about 30 yards from my stand. It was fairly windy and he couldn't figure what or where I was. He ended up being within 15 yards at one time. This went on for about 10 minutes when something caught his attention to the east. I was filming him with my phone at the time. Whatever it was, was behind me and as I turned to look I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a big ol bobcat! I had seen one about 2 weeks before on the other end of this bluff I was hunting, but was on stand and this one looked much bigger from the ground. He caught me moving to film him and began to crouch down, I didn't know if he was gonna pounce on me or just back away. He chose the later thankfully! Finally was able to get to my stand without spooking the little deer and soon had deer all around. Filmed a nice young 7 pointer at 10 yards and watched him chase every doe that came through. About 6 o'clock some does were coming in a little down wind of me. I think the one caught some of my sent but the wind was fickle and she came closer to investigate. At about 12 yards she started quartering away and caught me drawing as I was about to release she moved ahead and I hit her back a little. Luckily after leaving her over night I found her down by the river and upon inspection it revealed a liver hit. Thank you Lord for having me stay on the trail. Sorry for the long post, just had a great hunt and wanted to share! Good luck fellas!

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
Great job! Where's the pictures?   :)
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Sorry for the double post!

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
Nice buck John!!
Nothing last night or this morning. I may have to hit the ground this afternoon, wind is all wrong and I need to check out this spot.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks, I don't know how to load them.

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Nice Buck Mr. Krause!

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Congrats John.
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Had a 4 pointer walk past me this morning at about 9 a.m.

Passed him up.

20 minutes later had a GORGEOUS 8 pointer stop in my shooting lane. I was in a stand on a ridge and didn't compensate for the angle whatsoever. I shot just over his back.

Odd thing is, I found my arrow clean as a whistle and know that I missed this buck. However, there was blood on the leaves where he was standing.

My only contention is that a youth put a bad shot on him, which drove him my direction in the first place.

The bucks are going nutsos now. Or maybe it is just all the youth rifles.

Will be back out this pm.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Way to go John!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Chad, Put them in photobucket and then read the directions for pics. Once in photobucket just copy the url and put in your post. Preview the pics in your post before yopu submit.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
I'll give it a try thank you!

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Nice buck John!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Got a couple of ground blinds in this afternoon heard a buck grunting but never saw him and spooked a doe and yearling on the way out.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Chad Duit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
PLEASE post images no wider than 640 - it's easy to have photobucket do this for ya automatically -  how to autosize photobucket images  - thanx!  
50# Hummingbird Free Spirit, 2018 Legacy shaft, Magnus 1 Head.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©