3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MO Deer Season Thread  (Read 4676 times)

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MO Deer Season Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
If we could get everyone on tradgang to do an anti-rain dance me and the rest of the boys in southern mo and IL would appreciate it!!
TIM B

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Well I finally got my lazy butt out and hung a couple of stands yesterday...saw a nice buck, a little buck, two does and some turkeys this morning. The deer zigged when they should have zagged and they ended up out on the wrong side of me offering no shot. On the positive side that is more deer than I saw all last September. Maybe it is an omen.   ;)
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
i got out early this morning, climbed to the top ridge with my climber and got setup and sat till about 9:30, and desided i would try and get a sqirrel, so slipped down into a steep valley where the dirt was soft still from the rain we had the other day,

(looking back from where i came from)

had two shots but missed,(but not by much)
10:30 i looked up on the ridge and there were two does walking the trail rite beneeth my stand,
dadgummitt!
so i slipped up and climbed in,
about 10 minutes later 4 does come down the trail rite to where i wanted them, but!
i had just crossed there, and they smelt me,
they werent sure what to do,they stood there for about 10 minutes, then decided they better go back the way they came,  
daggummitt!
i had them on video for 10 minutes standing there but i wont bore you with that.
just as i settled back down,
i looked behind me and 2 does are coming,
in a hurry i tried to get the camera turned around and on, but they were derectly behind my tree, and i gave up on the camera getting ready for a shot.
the bigger of the two was moving pretty quick and by the time i got turned she was behind a tree past me already.
so i turned my attention to the other one, she was only about 3-4 yards from my tree when she passed,
so i let her get out to about 7 yds.

the arrow hit her perfect, through the top of her lung and through the heart,
she bolted hard.

she went maybe a hudred yds, and died running.

the exit hole just off center of her briskett.

the broadhead cut her offside leg when it came through.

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

oh and then...........

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Nice!!!  Well done.

Eric

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
Good job all the way around Bryant!!

:archer:  

PS: Nothing came by tonight. Some friends of mine need to learn that I will not answer my phone when I'm in my hide...lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  lookin' good.  Them heart shots can really make 'em run.  Last buck I shot was an 8 pointer, hit him through lungs and heart.  He ran full speed about 80 yards right into a tree.  Broke 2 of his tines off.. :banghead: .found 'em layin' there on the ground.  Had to glue 'em back on...    :laughing:

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Awesome arrow!!

My hunting partner and I saw approximately 30 deer today, but we made 2 huge flubs.

1: We got to the farm about an hour late, and by the time we were heading into the stands the deer were already well off the fields and headed back to their beds. We got busted by about 10 deer trying to make our way in.

2: We set up in timber through a travel corridor leading to a fresh cut corn field. Bout an hour before dark 10-15 deer came in all at once, and my hunting partner/brother in law, who was about 80 yards away from me turned around too quickly and sure enough the busting began again.

Frustrating to say the least. But let me add that we were hunting from the ground, sitting in coleman chairs. Not the easiest task by any means, and almost impossible to move at ALL undetected.

All in all it was the perfect weather to be in the woods today.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Enjoy you fellas storys and success. Stay on`m and Good luck. RC

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
Nice shooting and nice grill shot. Call when ready
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Sounds like you guys are trying to have all the fun.  I finally got all the family stuff out of the way, now I can hit the woods.  Put me in coach!

WoodsyDave

Offline toppredator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
Finally got a chance to send an arrow at a deer this past Thursday and wouldn't you know it, I shot right underneath it.  Still beats working though, TRW.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
My dad killed a doe Sunday morning (9/25) which is pretty amazing since the bicep on his drawing arm detached from his shoulder this past winter. Practice has been pretty much non-existent since it hurt so much to draw but Dad figured all he needed was one shot. He was correct on that count. The doe dropped about 70 yards from where he shot her. I'll be dining on her carcass this weekend.

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
GREAT grill trophy shot! Makes me hungry.  Here's my trophy shot from a couple of years ago.

When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Want2no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Well,after two years I got my chance yesterday morning.  Two does came in about 8:30.  The lead doe was about 15 yds when she gave me a broadside shot. The release felt good, but as she dropped and turned, the arrow went right over her back.  She was not sure what happended.  She jumped back a few yards and came back and sniffed my arrow stuck in the ground.  As she passed by again 12yds this time, I focused on my spot, again a duck and run!  Oh well, that's huntin.
Jeremy

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
With the cold front moving through this weekend, I expect some excellent hunting stories.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline Redonefive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
he is my first buck ever not with a trad bow though bu I'm still proud he was taken first sat in season at about 20 yards I built my first trad bow this year with help from Mac bow bu it turned Olout too light to hunt with

****Please only pix of animals taken with trad gear, thanx****

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Nice job

Went this evening

Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
redonefive..with all due respect..this is a site for traditional hunting only...we need to stick to the rules of the site..

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
them birds always give me a hard time,  :thumbsup:  good deal, congratts!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©