3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The hunt goes on...Got a deer! Sept. 24,2011  (Read 791 times)

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The hunt goes on...Got a deer! Sept. 24,2011
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
Thaks for the kind words everyone. I love this time of year. Now with the camera I get to share what a great place I live and hunt in.

Gib -I didn't get any pm?
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
The pic of the small bird looks 3D with the background a bit out of focus. Great pics!
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
you do take amazing pictures man!  keep em coming.
is it September yet??

Offline M. J. Brundage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Great pictures!  More please!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
Well I went looking for Bear again today, Found some sign and found some promising little berry patches, but no bears. I did get into a screaming match with a couple of bulls, but they weren't in the mood for pictures and hung up out of sight. Found a few turkeys, but they were on the wrong side of the fence, oh well, they did let me take some pic's. Weather has changed again, back to warm and summerish.

What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 05:52:00 PM »
Great pictures! I hope your hunt is loooong so we get lots more of these great pictures. Have fun!!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
SSSSOOOOO close to getting a doe this a.m., the deer have turned up pretty scarce in my unit. They have moved mostly onto private ground. This morning I caught a handful of does leaving some hay fields and heading into the Oak brush to bed for the day. I circled ahead of them and ended up bumping one of them, so I immediately stated to do a fawn in distress call. I got one of them to come to 20ish yards, but needed her to step clear of the brush for a shot. After a about 30 seconds of staring me to death she decided I was not to be trusted and left the country! I love those type of encounters! Best part was the Elk were screaming all around me the who morning.

The Elk have moved mostly onto private ground also..

My wife setting up to wait for deer, she saw nothing.....

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
I love my Kanati! LOL!

I keep running into these darn things! It's a curse,LOL!!

Now if I can just find the foot that left this track!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Beautiful pictures. You are a lucky man!
John

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Is it live or is it Memorex ?
Is it Jason or is it the camera?  :thumbsup:  Find some water, but you know that
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
Rick - I have a bad habit when I Bear hunt....I end up playing with ELK! LOL! Sorry to hear your still have a crappy year. Things will turn and maybe next year will be your best!

I only put the little logo on Images that I want to try and sell.

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Awesome pictures as always!   :notworthy:
-Clay

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 12:05:00 AM »
You're killing me Jason. I've been hunting the flat tops and Castle Peak WA for over a week and haven't seen my first elk. Have until Sunday to make something happen. Your observation that the elk have moved to private lands rings true. Found LOTS of sign 2-3 weeks old, but very little fresh sign. They seemed to have abandoned the basin we hunted. Found four wallows all with crystal clear water.  Need someone to carry your camera bags?! What are you shooting for camera equipment.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
Steve- yep happens every year. Co. has enough huge tracks of land that get little or NO hunting pressure, that the Elk have learned where to go to be safe. Usually right after the first weekend of ML they are movin' out. Also the acorns are comin on strong so look in the low country for them. Get a BLM map and find the little tracks that can get you in behind some of those ranchs. Good Luck!

P.S. I use a Canon Powershot SX30 Si.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
Absolutely beautiful.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  very cool
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
That's a nice little camera. And your getting some great shots. We have that one at work (35x zoom right?). My only complaint about it is you can't touch it without accidentally hitting a button! Debating hauling my 40D today. If I can't get elk, might as well get pics!

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Not much action the last couple of day's. I sat on a little water hole yesterday, but only had birds come in. There had been a herd of elk in the area, but the had moved on and it was a very quiet day.
This a.m. I thought I would check on a group of bucks that I know are spending their time right on the edge of a big piece of private ( that will not let me hunt without big $). They come right up to the fence sometimes, but never seem to cross when I am there. Today was really no different, except as I was watching the bucks a four point bull came out into the field. He was lonely and looking for company. He walked right at the herd of deer and they ran like he was demon from hell! They actually crossed the fence, and I got excited! They ran about 200 yards and crossed right back into the private and out of sight.....Dang. I was fun to watch anyway. After that I took a long walk around the piece BLM that I was on. It used to be an old homestead and has some neat 100+ year old buildings and things on it. Well I only have two more day's of vacation and hunting season. It has been so much fun, gonna be a bit bummed out when it's over.

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
This was a nice buck. Kinda dark and far away, so these are crappy pictures.

Here they notice the bull.

And here is the big bully.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©