3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: black widoow psa owners...  (Read 683 times)

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: black widoow psa owners...
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
I did the test drive a few months ago and ended up ordering a 49# PSAV, 60", Asbell grip. I don't find the noise objectionable at all with beaver silencers and 610 grain fir shafts.

Jerry
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
I`ve owned a few Widows and they are fine bows. I would say at your draw to get a 62" bow. I`ve owned a ma and sa. I liked the ma more for being accurate.RC

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Too many decisions!  Im ready to grab up one..just find THE ONE! I don't can't a whole lot, so im a little worried about the sight window of the ma.  If I wad in the market to buy new, I would definitely call em up and test drive one..but buying new right now is out of my price range

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by fountain:
Too many decisions!  Im ready to grab up one..just find THE ONE! I don't can't a whole lot, so im a little worried about the sight window of the ma.  If I wad in the market to buy new, I would definitely call em up and test drive one..but buying new right now is out of my price range
Just so there is no confusion PCH has the shortest sight window, the PSA is in the middle and the PMA has the largest.

I shoot the PSA and have a low anchor and have no problem with the sight window at all.

When i say the PCH has the shortest sight window that is relative to the other bows, its realy not that small as compaired to some other bows i have tried.

But we are all different and you will ned to check it out for your self.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline rolltidehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
I have a PSA in Bocote. I love it. i have 2 spider and 2 wool whisper silencers on it. it is not loud at all. at 3d shoots i have people tell me my bow is very quiet. i have a standard grip it fits my hand perfect.i have had no trouble bare shafting my arrows. you need to get ken becks video on arrow tunnng it will help you out alot.

this is a great bow! you will not be disapointed

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
I have a 60" PSAV 49# @ 28 and I pull an honest 29 1/2" without any issues what so ever. Not real loud either.

Good luck.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Get you a Flemish twist 8 strand padded to 16 in the loops FF string. Helps the noise greatly.

I had an SA at one time. Fantastic bows.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Well I got one!  Picked up a grey bark psax..fine looking bow.    Can't wait to get my hands on it!  Im kinda excited

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I just got another widow sa II 50@29 62" all my other widows were 58-60. This bow is a dream to shoot smooth  on the draw.    :archer2:

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 12:34:00 AM »
I have just sold one of my 3 PSA,just for trim the herd:they are really good shooters and accurate bows.The first thing to do is to replace the factory string and the bow will quiet down.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
Yep, TJ conned me out of mine. I get first dibbs if he decides to sell it, right TJ ?

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Sho nuff!  The only thing I may want to do is try to find an asbell grip riser and swap..but doudt it

Offline El gran J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »
I have a PSA 55lb @ 28".  It has a standard grip and I slipped a rubber grip over the handle since my hands get sweaty.  I spent some time bare shaft tuning, but it all panned out just fine.  I ordered the Carbon Express test kit and Im using a 29" CX250.  I use a 50gr. brass insert and a 125 point.  As far as silencing, I use the spider silencers, and brush buttons.  The noise is there but it's not an issue>>-->
Be Kind, Be Courteous, But always have a plan......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©