3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Since You Have Joined Tradgang?  (Read 778 times)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Since You Have Joined Tradgang?
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Since 2003: Have dropped 35 pounds of me, also 5# of bow weight.  Have been at three different employers.  Bought a log home with 20 acres - 18 wooded and huntable.

Added a bunch of gray hair and a lot of good memories.  Lost my Father, lost a best friend but gained a few more.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
Since 2003 I have gained a bunch of friends from here, it really all started when a well known memeber got shot while bowhunting and a group of NY hunters got him back out into the woods for a rabbit hunt.  They did it again the following year and I weasaled my way into it, the number of people I have met and become friends with because of that is mind boggling!

This is a great place to be......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Man, where to start?

My personal life has been thru valley's and peaks. Persued after the love of my life and now we have a sweet little 4 year old darlin (Peanut). Lost my Ma. Finally bought my cabin in WV that borders a 23,000 acre WMA (I'll never again have to worry about having a place to hunt...). Met some really awesome folks thru this site. Enjoy making the traditional bow shoot's every year and meeting new friends. Staying focused on what really matters and stopping from time to time to smell the roses...

It's been a great ride!

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Tall Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
I injured both of my elbows in the spring of '09, spent two years doing physical therapy, and one year not shooting my bow at all.

My elbows are now 100% and I started shooting again in April.

I was scared to death that I may not get to shoot or bowhunt any more!
Is a life of rice cakes really life, or just passing time?-Rick Bragg

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
I wasn't hunting with recurves when I first registered on Trad Gang. I was just getting curious.

Since:
-100% Recurve Hunter(starting last year)
-Picked up and moved some recurves
-Learned about Fetch Tape
-Learned how better to tie on Whiskers
-Found lots of folks that know more than I do
-Not as afraid of getting too old for archery
-Found a like new Bear A Mag
-I loved bowhunting with my comppounds but the recurves take me back,  wayyyyy back!

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
Since joining in '03, Fads have come and go. Camo patterns change with every season it seems. More people have started making their own hunting tackle. Compound bows are resembling something Batman would use to repel down from a roof, which makes me appreciate a simple stick and string all the more. People come and go. We've all lost loved ones and watched our children grow. My girls went from grade school to high school and the oldest will be off to college next year. I've watched a set of triplets show up to their first MOJam as infants in strollers and now walking around at MOJam with their own bows. I've made hundreds of friends and met most of them in person. One constant is that the threads haven't changed much over the years. Winter brings bow building/buying season, then we find we need to make more arrows and get opinions on the best (insert product here). Spring brings 3D season and shows and we gather even more supplies we must have. Summer is practice season and we decide what camo is the best. Then the broadhead threads start. What to buy, how to sharpen. Then, it's all about hunting in the fall, followed by stories and hero pics and beautiful scenery pics. Winter will set in soon enough, so you remember the stories from the passing year and look forward to new ones. Yes, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
  :campfire:
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »
I joined in February 2004, Tradgang has grown ALOT! I went to Africa hunting in 2005, Australia to hunt in 2006, I moved and got married in 2007, my daughter Ryleigh was born in January 2010, I bought a house and moved again in October 2010, my wife started going to college in August of this year.  I was also at the PBS conventions in San Antonio and Salt Lake in 2004 and 2006.  I have met a lot of wonderful people and had wonderful experiences because of Tradgang and even though it is not as small and cozy as it once was it is still the best place on the net by far, as far as I am concerned!
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
Since 2003....???

Let's see.  I gained a son.  Gained about 10 lbs.  Gained about 25 or 30 recurves.  Sold and or traded that many away.  Met a lot of cats on here, told some good story's.  Raise the glass with a few of em every year at Cloverdale.
Otto

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Think Gallagher said, "Ever notice how folks driving slower than you are mostly A--holes & those faster are always Crazy B--t--ds!?"

PLenty different opinions in this crockpot; but, TG hunters respect & get along. No one right way. I learned that.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Haven't been here very long... July 2008.
Only hunted with a few select people, for 20 years was pretty much a loner. Even let my PBS membership slide.
Since joining:
I've renewed my faith in the bowhunting world, found out there really are others that never have shot compounds.
Reinstated my PBS Regular membership.
Started attending Traditional shoots again. (which I thought were a thing of the past)
Met and hunted with a lot of good trustworthy folks.
Lost 25 lbs and got back in to fighting shape.
Gained 20 lbs back and am working again on losing it.
Had some serious financial ups and downs.
Watched 2 offspring finish college.
Had another Grandson.
Started another business.
Celebrated 25 years of marriage.(soon to be 26)
Approaching 57 years old and still don't have a grey hair. Can still shoot 100# draw weight.
Still prefer hunting alone, but now know I have plenty of like minded friends when the need for them arises. Life is good.
Oh yeah, after being bitten 7 times over the past 35 years.... I've finally started wearing snake boots! Momma insists. Guess I'm still a buzzworm magnet, have seen 3 over 5' in the last 2 weeks.
Added 16 more bows and 7 quivers to the little collection.
    :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©