3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: VA Hog Hunt  (Read 1808 times)

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VA Hog Hunt
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigRonHuntAlot:
Since this hunt requires a Va Hunters Ed certificate it is going to keep Jeff and Rob from being able to hunt so I don't think Bob and I will make it this time around. We will stick to deer hunting around here I would say... No Pumpkin Patches Here.    ;)  
Ron, VA recognizes Hunter Ed certificates from all states, you just need to have one from somewhere.
 paleFace  do you concur?
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
They state the acreage and how many hunters per zone and it looks not bad.  BigRon, does it state a VA safety class or just any safety class?  They are going to need a safety class to get a license anyway aren't they?

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Talondale:
They state the acreage and how many hunters per zone and it looks not bad.  BigRon, does it state a VA safety class or just any safety class?  They are going to need a safety class to get a license anyway aren't they?
Yes, they will but not many places ask about Hunter Ed. They just sell the tags and collect the $$$.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
hey va bowbender i hate guns as well so ya wont geet me in there no way LOL!!  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
If nobody has any objections to the Zone/Date, I am going to apply today. Don't forget that you can apply more than once if you like, or stay to hunt standby for a second day. Zone 6 Monday Oct 8th.

Adam

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Anyone considering the Saturday 6th hunt?  I don't think I can make a Monday hunt.

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
I don't mind doing Saturday at all. My only concern is that it will be harder getting drawn. Let me know what everyone wants to do.

Adam

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
I can't do Saturday, I'll still be working.

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
I submitted application for zone 6 on the 8th.  Good luck to all.

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »
I am sending mine in today too. Good luck to you too Rob! see you at the beach  :archer:

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Ron,

Ed and Jeff  may not  need to have a VA hunter ed certificate/card. Most states will honor the card from another state. They are all based on the same curriculum from the Int'l Hunter Education Association.

Larry
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
I was was born and raised in VA Beach. I hunted the feral hogs in back bay it's alot of fun , but most of the terrain is pretty flat so U got to be well aware of the shotgun hunters, most of them walk around,so that means they are jumping game and usually taking running shots. My buddy and I have bow killed hogs in there though we were in the in the myrtles along the dunes letting the buckshot boys push us the hogs. I want to say zone 3 but I might be thinking of my favorite on the eastern shore NWR,a great bowhunt U guys should apply for. Never left empty handed there. Good luck and watch out for the cottonmouths at back bay they are thick.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Chuck and Larry, Thanks for the update on the Hunters Ed Info. I think we have everything planned out.  :wavey:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
regarding the hunters education, virginia will honor a hunter education course from another state. if anyone does not have a hunter ed card you will be able to do an on line course then attend a 4 hour block which can be taught by any instructor. both VA Bowbender and myself are instructors so we should be able to get Jeff & Rob taken care of prior to them getting here in the states.  even if they don't do the hog hunt they will need the hunter ed to hunt. that includes small game and or big game.  

the monday day will work best for me, but i can make it on what ever date the majority decides.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
VA Bowbender and I have put in for the Monday hunt (10/8) zone 6.

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »
I plan on camping overnight Sunday. If anyone wants to join me I also have a big 8 person tent I could bring instead of my pup tent.  I'll provide fire to cook with, you provide your own viddles.
    :campfire:    
I'll bring my 2 blocks and other things for target practice on Sunday.
I'd say that if you have a Thermo Cell unit...don't forget it and if you have a pistol for snake shot bring it too!
    :eek:  

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/documents/falscape.pdf  
  http://www.reserveamerica.com/va/False_Cape_State_Park/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?subTabIndex=0&agency=VA&parkId=140170
 http://www.fws.gov/backbay/refugemap.htm

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Take the Thermocell AND bug repellant. Where are you camping Rob? I will be up for that. I'm not sure that they will let you bring a handgun, but I don't remember them checking either.

Adam

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
well larry we dont have that sort of crap in my country as it is a mans god given right to hunt and i sure as hell would not want to sit one.   :readit:  anyway i aint never heard of it. never needed one
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
A preliminary investigation shows that there might not be an opening to camp at False Cape, I'm waiting on a reply.  There is  Virginia Beach KOA  and  First Landing State Park ,$44.32,$29.00 respectfully.  They are listed as approximately 4 miles away from False Cape.  I'll update as I gather more information.
  :thumbsup:    :archer:  

...Rob

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
4 miles away sounds good. I know that you cannot camp at the park during hunts, besides you have to hike/bike/canoe about 6 miles in to get to ths campsites  :eek:  Luckly they drive you in for the hunts. I do wish that they would open it up for the full hunting season, I know that the people who work there want it to happen. Count me in for the camping, I can chip in some cash.

Adam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©