3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: who shoots a dryad soothsayer  (Read 518 times)

Offline mike edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
who shoots a dryad soothsayer
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
who shoots a dryad soothsayer and w3hat do you think of them? thanks,Mike

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: who shoots a dryad soothsayer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
I shoot a Dryad Hunter which is kind of similar. I was very impresed with the service at Dryad. The Bow is a beauty, when I went to the STAR 3D shoot people kept stopping me to ask about it. By the way it is fast as hell, I had people shooting  it who shot recurves, that told me it was as fast. I could not recommend them and thier products more. I have a craving for the Bush Whacker now!

Adam

Offline mike edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
thanks for the info. anybody else? Mike

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
Mike,

I kinda like em.  LOL  The SoothSayer and the Hunter share the same limb design with the SS having a sculpted handle and sight window and the Hunter a more traditional grip and arrow pass.  They both are very good performers and will shoot right with most glass bows.

We offer both now with horn bellies also.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Yellowsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
I have a Windtalker, which looks alot like a Soothsayer.  Been shooting it pretty steady for the past month and I'm really liking this bow.  Shoots just as accurate as any glass backed bow I've owned.  Probably the prettiest bow I've owned, and there seems to be something special about shooting with an all natural bow.  If your thinking about getting one of Mike and Jason's bows I'd say go for it.

Offline brent d.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Mike,
I have  real fancy Soothsayer on order and am just counting the days or weeks until it gets here. 66" Yew with horn belly and cocobolo riser. I am currently shooting a Yew hunter and couldnt be more pleased with the performance.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
I shoot a Dryad selfbow...

them Soothsayers and Windtalkers and BushWhackers are too dang high tech for me..too many parts   :bigsmyl:  

My wife has one of the Hunter BBO's though (she don't care how many parts it has she thinks it's pretty and she shoots it well).
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline mike edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
thanks guys, so far nothing but good things. any special precautions you have to take with the bows compared to glass bows? Mike

Online ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Unstring them when your done shooting, expecially in the hot vehicle. Might want to give it another coat of finish after a hard hunting season. I am currently shooting a Yew Dryad "bow blank", and rivercane arrows. Just shot my highest 3-d score today with that combo!
 I highly recommend getting a Dryad bow, you won't regret it I promise.....Terry

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Don't refinish!!  Add a coat of wax before and after the season.  Unstring when not shooting.  A good rule of thumb is to let the bow rest when you rest.

Don't drag it behind the truck!!  They are tough but not that tough.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
I own 3 Dryad bows, a Hunter, a Windtalker, and a Bushwacker!  I also have a 4 Dryad do-it-yourself blanks.  Two are complete, one is near complete, and one hasn't been started yet.

I have a hard time deciding which of my Dryad bows to shoot on any given day, they are all awesome!!! Mike and Jason are more than just great bowyer's they are good people with exceptional customer service.  Last year, in early October, when  hunting season was just getting cranked up my Dad stmbled and fell while walking across some pavement.  His Windtalker was in his hand and one tip hit the asphalt taking the brunt of his weight.  Unfortunately the tip broke.  When Dad called Mike about it, he stepped up and -- although the accident had nothing to do with a defect in materials or craftsmanship -- he fixed it for free.  However, he didn't stop there...  He sent Dad a loaner bow so he could continue hunting as his bow was repaired.  That's service!  

My Dryad bows are all works of art, each is a perfect specimen of the finest in handcrafted bows.  I have been extremely pleased.  If I were purchasing a new bow today, there is no doubt that I would call Mike and Jason!  

As far as special precautions, it's really pretty simple.  The bow rests when you rest.  If you are done hunting or shooting, you simply un-string the bow.  When you get a break, it gets a break.  That's the only real precaution that I know of.  I hunt with it in rain, sleet and snow.  I treat it like I would any other bow.  My hunter is the oldest of my Dryad bows and I have been meaning to give it a good coat of furniture paste wax as a precautionary measure but the finish on it, after many years is still great!

Hope this answers some of your questions.  Feel free to PM me if you have any others!
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Hey Mike!

I have 3 dryad bows of my own. A windtalker which if i understand is a little different design then the soothsayer, but it is the smoothest shooting bow I have ever owned. As a matter of fact shooting one of these is what got me back into shooting trad bows again. I also have a bushwacker which is unbelieveable. It looks great shoots great is extremely fast. I can't wait to get it into the woods this fall. Last is a blank that is made after the hunter that I finished myself. I can only say that I would not hasitate to take this bow hunting anywhere in north america. All the bows are the best in quality and workmanship. They all shoot great and as has been mentioned I also have a hard time deciding which to shoot sometimes. All that said the best thing maybe the people behind the bows. As my son has already stated I can attest to the way that Mike and Jason will stand behind each of their products. The day I broke the tip overlay on my windtalker I thought the world had ended, but Mike reassured me that all would be alright. I sent him the bow and he was nice enough to send me a replacement bow. He fixed my bow and I never missed a beat during the hunting season. I will never forget that kind of service. I would and often do highly recommend any product that Mike and Jason have or represent and I always will. You will never be sorry when dealing with them.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Dang! Another bow to lust after.

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
For those who haven't checked out Dryad's website lately, they are now the owner of Helle knives.  You can get a bow and a knife - one-stop shopping!!  :thumbsup:  

Joe

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
What ever happened to the WindTalker? It's not listed on there site anymore....
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
Hey DesertDude

The WindTalker is now a collectors item. I think that means mine is only getting more valuable with time, not that I'm going to get rid of it or anything. Believe me they are the smoothest bows to draw and shoot. I love mine.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Hey Guys, I had the chance to shoot Adam's Dryad Hunter at the STAR shoot and it was very SWEET. A fast bow with no handshock. I was impressed. A Beauty too...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©