3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First bull elk with my recurve UPDATED WITH NEW PICTURE -Pg. 4  (Read 11808 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First bull elk with my recurve UPDATED WITH NEW PICTURE -Pg. 4
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Joe, if you are still waiting for a mount 18 months after the fact, you need to go get your horns and hold onto them..something ain't right bud.

Beautiful mount, Dan....thats a keeper! It's amazing how you look at your animal and get transported back not only to the sights but the sounds and smells...every time I look at my Gila bull I hear the wind in the Ponderosas up on the continental divide, the smells of the junipers, the clean crisp air in the morning, the pungent smell of 'barnyard' that a rutting bull gives off...man, is it tag application time yet???????

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
Very nice!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate them.
   Joe I am with Ray you definitely have to check in to that situation. Hopefully you will get it back soon with out any problems but I would definitely be doing some checking.
    Ray I know what you mean! Having the mount here is so new that I am looking at all day long and reliving all the aspects of last years hunt. That in turn gets me really fired up for this fall. The Wyoming app has been sent with several more to follow shortly!!!  Dan
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Online Gib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
Dan beautiful bull and mount, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Gib

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
Congrats on the beautiful bull.A fitting end to what sounds like a long journey.That makes it all the sweeter.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
By the way, Dan...I have that same Jack Paluh print in my study at home of the big buck getting shot by the Native guy...very cool.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
what a great story. Felt like I was there. What a great mount and you are  truly blessed by the hunting gods!
Make a life, not a living

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Wow,

I'm surprised I didn't see this earlier. Great story Dan and congratulations on a super animal that you stuck to your goal with. That's quite an accomplishment.     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©