3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brace height on ILF bow??  (Read 294 times)

Offline Thebear_78

• Trad Bowhunter
Brace height on ILF bow??
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:01:00 AM »
I just got a set of dryad 4g ACS limbs, longs 55 @ 28" and a 17" morrison riser.     I have two amp 62" strings, actual length 59" and when strung with these strings it results in a brace height of close to 9".   This seems a bit high to me.   Do I need a longer string?   Long limbs with 17" riser should make for a 62" bow right?  

This is my first foray into ILF bows.  So far the jury is out.   I'll have to see how it turns out after attempting to tune it first.   It might just be too complicated for a simple guy like me.  I can usually tune a standard bow pretty well but don't have all these extra variables to play with.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brace height on ILF bow??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
9" is pretty high my Titan is set at 8 1/4 that is a 17" riser and yes a set of longs on a 17" riser will make a 62" bow.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
Measure your limbs.They may be a little long.Longs should measure 25".The brace height on your morrison riser should show about 71/2" or so.I had a set of dryad lb and they were a litttle longer than marked.The only thing standard about ILF is the attachment system.Everything else is kina up in the air.LOL
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
According to the Morrison website you should be somewhere between 6 3/4 and 7 1/2. Yes you should have a 62" bow. I think you will really like those limbs. I have 2 sets and they are buttery smooth, very quiet and quick.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
I think with the Dryad ACS's and the Morrison riser you will want to be 7.5"s or so. I run all my braceheights a bit high as I have big forearms and it helps with string slap. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©