3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Recurves  (Read 351 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Recurves
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
I have been looking at Morrison recurves for a while now.  Am considering purchasing a Shawnee recurve "A" riser with "B" limbs which would give a 56" inch bow, around 45# at 27" draw.   Can anyone give me their input/experience with Morrison recurves?  Thanks!

Offline Tater 2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Recurves
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Do a search here and I think you will find all the info you want.

You won't go wrong with one of Bob's Bows!!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
PBS Associate
Colorado Bowhunters Association

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
PM sent....Thanks, Jr.

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
I havent owend one the shawnee bows.I have and have had a few of his ILF bows.You may want to talk to Bob about one of them.It makes things alot easier down the road if you want to change draw weight or bow length.And Bobs a great guy to deal with.
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
I have four Morrison Shawnees. I prefer the longbow, but with the Shawnee you can have the best of both worlds with different limbs available for bot longbow and recurve. I also have a Morrison ILF, which is also very hard to beat.
Either way I am sure you will be very happy!

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Best bows in the world.

Period.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I also draw 27". I'm not a big fan of the shorter bows. I prefer the 60" (A-riser,D-limbs) But once you find what set-up you like then it's all good from there. I love my Morrisons!!!!!

If you deicde to order a new one then deal with the boss(Barb). Bob's just a mean,old guy!  :laughing:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
PM sent
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
My favorite is the Cheyenne. A riser and C limbs.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
I am a fan of Morrison for sure!  Have an ILF being made that should be here soon. My hunting rig is a Shawnee A riser with D longbow limbs. My fav recurve is my Cheyenne A riser with 2 sets of c and one set of d limbs.
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
i have a cheyenne 'A' riser with 'C' limbs. its an awesome bow! i had at one time some 'A' limbs making a 56" bow. it was the best 56" recurve i have ever owned. i miss those limbs.

i have not shot a shawnee but i never heard a bad word about that model. you will be impressed with a morrison.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Go with the foam core recurve limbs. Good stuff!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
joe vt, I have a set of diamond back skinned 48lbs @ 28" "A" carbon foam recurve limbs in the classifieds right now and half price over new ones. They are 9.9 out of 10.

Bob's bows are awesome and if and when I want another 3 piece bow it will be a Morrison. As Rob said above Bob's are simply one of the best there is out there. Fine gent as well !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
I love Bob's bows and the Shawnee is one of my favorites.  Saying this, I do not like the Shawnee as a recurve.  I prefer the cheyenne or ilf for the recurve limbs.  The shawnee feels more and has a design more like a longbow.  

Now the crazy part is that I do like the longbow limbs on my ilf?  It just feels really good and smooth, and is super quiet.

My Cheyenne with the B riser is my favorite recurve.  I think the ilf risers are basically the same as the cheyenne.  My ilf's are the mini's.  

I agree 100% with Kentucky TJ, Go with the foam core limbs with black glass.  Way smoother and quieter and much less expensive than the carbon foam.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Great bows and great guy to deal with.

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dirtybird:
Great bows and great guy to deal with.
Yep X2... Look at the ILF's models also...best ILF riser IHMO.
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline Carbonkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
i'll 2nd what pierre said...best ILF risers and limbs you will ever find. period. all my hunting bows are now morrison ilfs

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
I have had quite a few Morrisons.I have a long draw so most of the Morrison recurves I have had  have been 60 inches or 62 inches.I have had the A riser and D limbs and B riser and D limbs in both the Shawnee and Cheyenne.

I might lean toward the Cheyenne personally in the recurve because of the deflexed riser.Especially in a shorter bow like the 56 incher you are interested in.I would look at the C limbs as well on the A riser for a 58 inch bow.

I did have a B riser and B limbs on one Cheyenne and it did not shoot as well for me because of my long draw.Would work for you at 27 though I believe.The B riser will give you more mass weight if you like that?

I currantly have a 15" all phenolic ILF Morrison riser and have shot a few different limbs on it and its very nice.Its drilled for a plunger and elevated rest as well.I have not tried Morrison ILF limbs on it yet.But have shot Tradtech carbon/wood mediums and it was pretty nice at only 58 inches.I have some Dryad Epic recurve limbs coming in XL that should be very nice.Those will make a 62 inch bow on the 15" riser.

Some people prefer the Cheyenne and some prefer the Shawnee riser.I like both of them.I think in a short recurve I would opt for the Cheyenne though with its deflexed riser.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
Thanks all, this has been very helpful.  I will have to wander back over to Bob's website and check out the different models.  Appreciate the input!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
Go with the foam core recurve limbs. Good stuff!
A big X2~~~!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©