3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glue On Simmons Heads  (Read 786 times)

Offline Axe Thrower

• Trad Bowhunter
Glue On Simmons Heads
« on: January 13, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
I saw a post a few weeks ago where someone said that the glue on Simmons heads were easier to sharpen than the ones with incerts.  If that is true, then why do you think that it is so. I've been thinking about getting some 150 Interseptors and ordering some hickory arrows from Troy Breeding.

Online Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glue On Simmons Heads
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Some may find them easier to sharpen because the ferrule's are longer on the glue ons - and can be used as a 'guide' as you sharpen them. Thats another reason I like the glue ons - the ferrule is longer, and makes the broadhead stronger, in my opinion.
I highly suggest you buy the Simmons sharpening system if you plan on using these heads. The one that has the file, ceramic rods and the 'guide'. Its kinda expensive but well worth the money.
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glue On Simmons Heads
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
I agree with Wally.The glue on is stronger and easier to sharpen.The treeshark screw-in has the back of the blades unsuported.When sharpening they will flex a bit and make getting the edge a little harder than the glue-on that is more solid and has no flex.I also don't care for the way the blades come back over the shaft.For me that means having to cut arrows longer than I normally do for the screw-ins.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©