3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Confused on spine selection  (Read 299 times)

Offline cornfedkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Confused on spine selection
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by dlnwohio:
If your gonna go with the gold tips id check big jims site out first he's got blems for 42.99 a doz you might get lucky and he will have some in stock
Man thats cheap, and those are some sweet looking arrows (he has some in stock), but I think Im gonna get some regular black ones from my local shop for now..that way my girlfriend can shoot them if I decide to get something different (upgrade) later on..

I appreciate the heads up though on that website!

Offline cornfedkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »
Wanted to thank you guys that replied and helped me out on this..I went to the shop tonight and got all set up.  I dont think Im pulling the full 45#, because I shoot my compound at 28", but I dont pull my recurve back as far as my compound.. anyways, I went with the 3555s, and we put a 125gr head on it, and then added brass weights behind the insert.  We ended up needing an extra 110gr behind the insert before I was getting correct flight with a bare shaft, which brings my total to 235gr.

Needless to say, I think I will be alright running the 3555s if I decide to move up..although my arrows will be pretty light once I remove that weight up front..

Offline Thebear_78

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
I'm running 30" 35/55 GT with 5gr weight tubes and 150gr heads out of my 56# @ 28" Firefly TD longbow.   Total arrow weight of 560grs and fly like darts.  These things bare shaft better than any combination I have ever had before.  I have  a hunting set made up with Woodsmans and 1.5" aluminum footing that shoot great.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 05:37:00 AM »
I'll third/fourth Jon's suggestion of the AD trad lites.  Best carbon shaft I've ever shot, wide spine range and you have the capacity for a wide range of upfront weights and still get great flight from the same bow.  These are one shaft that spending the money on isn't a problem.  I'd suggest ordering the carbon collars as well.

Like Shawn said....carbons recover much quicker and you should use the lites or 3555's if you go with the GT's....they'll be fine for your 55# "eventual" bow.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©