3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Express Thunderstorm SE(if ya want an arrow to fly from light bows)  (Read 616 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
This is a heads up for guys and gals who want a carbon arrow to fly out of bow from 42-48#s. This arrow with a 125 grain to 175 grain point should fly great  out of bows this weight. The length of your arrow will determine point weight a 29" arrow and 125 grain head will weigh in around 380 grains or so. I post thisa s I get a lot of request on what will fly well out of these lower weight bows and I just discovered this arrow today. Shawn
Shawn

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
I've been shooting this arrow all yearand they are awesome! Just for reference, I'm shooting mine out of a BW PGA 50@27. I draw 27" and cut these shafts to 27 1/4". With a 125 gr point they bare shaft tune PERFECT out of my bow.

Carbon Express makes some of the nicest carbon arrows out there, and these are no excection. I've shot mine literally a couple thousand times this year and finally managed to break one on a rock this past week. They have stood up to a lot of punishment.

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
I've shot the arrow in bows from 45# to 55# at 29" and 125 grain to 250 grain points.   Great arrow!!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, you are right on the money. I've been shooting these for a couple of years out of recurves in the 46-48 lb range and heavier longbows. They fly fantastic and are tough as nails.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
FYI - Gander Mountain Whitetails 3050 are the same.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
I use cut-down 3555 Goldtips out of my 41# R/D bow and they shoot fine!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline dannyvp

• Trad Bowhunter
I heard that the thunderstorm se will be made into a hertiage 90 series.

BJK are you saying the Mountain Whitetails are from the same line? or they just fly samliar?
"I make dirt look good"

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
The GM Whitetails are CE's repackaged for Gander.

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
If you need something longer than the Thunderstorm, the Carbon Express Maxima 150 is another shaft that should fly well out of bows in the low to mid 40#'s.  I'm shooting 31" Maxima 150's w/145 gr out front from my 41# bow and they fly like darts.

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, you're right w/the Thunderstorm SE's. They look pretty cool, too.  Don't they come pre-cut to 29"?
Knocks are a special size. A little hard to find.
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
I am not sure, I found a sight that said they were 31"s. Shawn
Shawn

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
I've only seen them cut 28" and 29".  Nocks are particular to the shafts, but you can get them from Keystone Country, inserts as well.
Scott F >>--->   @

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Saved me a PM....thanks man. New guys like me appreciate this type of stuff. Hope all is well.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
The Thunderstorm SE is 29" full length. They were designed as a children's/woman's arrow for compounds, now the stick bow guys are buying most of them.

I did hear that CX has made a prototpye of these with a woodgrain finish, since they are so popular with us "stick shooters".

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Can you get weight tubes for them????

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
The tubes for 5/16" carbons are too big.  The Axis weight tubes may fit, don't have any to try.  My guess is they would be a little loose.  The shaft itself weighs 8.4 grains/inch, which is fairly heavy to start with.  The insert is drilled and tapped in the back, probably the goldtip weights will fit.
Scott F >>--->   @

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i have a bow 45# at 26 1/2" draw and i cut my arrows to 28" will they shoot out of that?
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
It really depends on center cut and bow design.  I'd start full length, 29".
Scott F >>--->   @

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
With the right tip weight, sure.  Depending on the bow design, etc...start with 125's and work your way up...some combo will work.

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
Hahaha...the answer is always the same, eh  ;)

I agree with length...leave it long...you may need it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©