3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite things  (Read 141 times)

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
Favorite things
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
Its funny how out of all the equipment you buy there are a few things that become your favorites. I always take my Dads old hunting knife with me because of the memories it brings back. I also have his old Zippo lighter with his signature on it and think of him every time I use it.

I got my old Hill longbow that I killed my first buck with, and my Old Bear Kodiak that killed a lot of deer for me. Wouldn't trade these bows for a new Widow.lol Favorite pair of waders and a old fly pole that I seem to use all the time.

You fellas got any equipment that has become special.

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite things
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
mid 70's K-Mag that was my fathers, Zwickey BHs, a knife that was given to me 7/4/92 with my name engraved on it with the date. I din't recieve it until I was 10 but my father had it engraved for me to use when I started hunting. It's done it's fair share of work over the years.  :)
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
I have, and still use my grandpa's hunting knife, along with a rock I had found years ago of a perfectly formed snail that was petrified, it's about 2" across (I keep it for luck, maybe I should leave it back one day).  lol.

I always have a compass on hand even if I'm just going to the local woodlot.  That was instilled in ms since I was a kid and force fed to me in the Army.

Now for the most important thing I bring with me into the woods...Memories.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
I have a Hoyt Gamemaster I that I will keep forever.

When I was young growing up in North Carolina I had an archery mentor that had a very giving attitude towards youths getting into archery and hunting. Had it not been for him I would not have been able to afford much of the experience that made be fall in love with the sport.
A few years ago I got the opportunity to repay some of the many favors this gentlemen had bestowed upon me and took him Turkey hunting in GA. I was just starting to dable in traditional archery at the time and about a week later the post man delivered a box to my door. Inside was a brand new Hoyt Gamemaster #55 recurve.

The following week I got news that my friend and mentor went in for routine hip surgery and never made it out of the operating room.

That bow will ALWAYS have a place on my wall and in my heart!

Thank you JR Wright!! I still think about you every time I am in a deer stand with a bow!  :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©