3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vermonster 13 youth bow program  (Read 281 times)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Vermonster 13 youth bow program
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
For some years now, this program has been going on.  I've been fortunate to have been chosen by Dave (vermonster 13) to make the bows to be given away.  Behind this program every year are logistics, fund raising efforts, donations, organizing, and picking winners, that's all the hard part, I just make the bows, that's the easy part, so what I'm going to address is somewhat really none of my business, but It's been eating at me for some time. I don't like seeing kindness go unnoticed.

Disclaimer: some do thing right, this doesn't apply to you, keep up the good work at following instructions.  But to others you know who you are.

Dave lays out the simple rules for each monthly drawing,  basically, you get the bow, submit a picture, here on the tradgang, you can't sell it,  but once a kid out grows it, pass it along.  

It's getting very rare these days to see the pictures of the winners with thier bows.  I know most here have the ability and know how to get photos on this site.  

We don't care about "atta boys" and that sort of thing, but we all have our good days and bad days, and like to have a nice lifting of our spirits now and again. And I think those that haven't followed the simple guidelines, need to stop taking Dave, and many other's big kind hearts for granted.  Get the pics posted, you're really quick to show us the critter you nailed, so I know you can do it.  

I'm not angry, just speaking up for the guys that make this happen.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vermonster 13 youth bow program
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
Well said Mike.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
I love seeing the kids smiling faces.

If people are computer illiterate and cannot post pics, all you have to do is ask.

Thanks for getting this off your Chest Mike. Some people are just too nice to say anything. If people want to play, they have to play by the rules.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
Well, I have to admit... I am one of the GUILTY ones!!!!!

My youngest son Tyler, was chosen by Dave to recieve one of your youth bows. As soon as he recieved it, the FIRST thing I did was to take pictures of him with the bow and arrows, plus the Backquiver,and armguard from Mike G.

The SECOND thing I did was have Tyler post a "Thank You" to all who made this possible,plus PM's to everyone also.

I do not know how to post pictures... Dang, I've got my hands full doing anything on this computor!!! However, My wife PROMISED me she would post the pictures for me. Over time, functions,trips,etc... The memory card got full,and new ones were bought. Several times my wife and I have set down and looked for those pictures... But, they're nowhere to be found...   :(  

Over the last couple years, Tyler has had less and less time to shoot his bow. This is entirely my fault!!!!! Personal,and Marital issues have in fact kept me from shooting,or even hunting at all!!!

Over the summer, Tyler has started shooting again. He has gotten much bigger,and stronger over the last few years, and has "graduated" to his Big Brother's 40# 1969 Grizzly.

I will forever be Greatful to you Gentlemen,for your kindness and genourosity to my Son!!!!! Also, I will forever be ashamed, for not holding up my end of the "deal"..... I have never entered myself,or my son, in any "giveaway" since!!!

David, I will soon be returning the bow,quiver, and armguard, for you to pass along to some well deserving youngster. Thank You Again, for your kindness.
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
:archer:
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
Appreciate the thought Mike. Life is easier when recipients hold up their promises. There are a couple of hundred program bows out there, I hate to think they are collecting dust when so many kids would be happy to put them to work on Trad Gang.

The pics just make it easier to raise the funds needed to keep the program going as well as bring plenty of smiles here.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
when my daughter won hers we posted her pic and then, after outgrowing it I raffled it off to another member here. Keep passing them on to the next kid folks....

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
I will post pics. I'm sure everyone will get a kick out of my little man and his new bow.
I think what you guys do is awesome. It is the least I can do to post pics and pass the bow on when the time comes.  :)
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
Thanks Paul, that's how it's done.     :thumbsup:

No problem Dave, it's actually been buggin me for a few years now.  It's mostly about principals. It's part of the deal and it takes much less effort on the part of the recipient, than it takes to get the bow to them.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
:wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Lets see some kids!!!   :thumbsup:  
 Mike and Dave   :notworthy:  Thanks  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline cody94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
our school FFA program is trying to get an archery club going and buckmasters is wanting to fund,all help will be appreciated.
OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
:readit:    :bigsmyl:    :campfire:    :archer:    :archer2:  
Well said Mike!  Dave I know you don't like to be in the spotlight, but you do an AWSOME JOB, with these bows and the kids that receive them.  Just Thanks!
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Well said Mike!

To both Dave and Mike, who do All the work to keep this program going!
  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
I know it sounds crazy but I can't wait for my boy to outgrow his Mad Dog he won! I did the pic thing when he recieved it and shot it and have more of him and I stumping, 3D-ing, and practicing that I have not posted yet but he is getting good use of it at least, and we are Thankful. As far as the waiting to outgrow it thing, I just wanna regift it to someone that can use it as much as my boy and enjoy it like he has. Thanks for what you do guys!! Guys post them pics we love pics here at T-Gang!!! He loves shootin mushrooms!

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
We were all given the gift of emotion. How we use that emotion is up to us for we do have the power to choose if we wish to loose the emotion..

In this case, it may be more constructive to label the emotion as standing up vs sitting down. Knowing when to choose to release this emotion is the key.

You chose to stand up.

I choose to stand beside you!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Here is another with my bow taking his MADDOG PUP  for the first time on a hunt. Now he is just a mushroom, stump, spider, grasshopper, etc. hunter and he leaves the deer to me for right now.

On the way to the blind:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©