3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can anyone in CT help me out?  (Read 258 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Can anyone in CT help me out?
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
I was out fine tuning my new Horne's Brushbow this weekend and came across a fletching clearance problem.  

I have two sets of arrows right now: the remnants of 2 dozen that I made 3 years ago and the better part of a dozen I bought this year (needed some arrows quick for TS'07).  

Broadheads and fieldpoints on the old arrows group together out to 25 yards.  The old arrows have 5" fletches, the new have 5-1/2" high back.  Shooting cock feather out the new arrows hit 6" high at 15 yards (field points).  Broadheads go right over the target.  Turning the cockfeather in gets rid of that problem and gets 'em grouping with the old arrows, but if my release isn't perfect the arrows will hit 8" to the left of the old arrows, with the broadheads missing wide left.

So, does anyone in my area have a feather burner and want to get together in the near future so I can burn these things down to a reasonable size?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can anyone in CT help me out?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
Jeremy, take a scissors to them. You will be surprised how even ya can get them. Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
Make a template out of a spring paper clip, and some cardboard. Practice on some old or broken arrows. Thats how I made my first two dozen.
Burner would be easier though.
Either way, good luck!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
I figure it may just come down to the scissors, but figured it didn't hurt to ask.  It'd be a good excuse to get out and meet another CT tradganger... don't seem to be many of us around these days.

I hope you have a speedy recovery Shawn!

Jamie, how's life treating ya bud?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
Busy! But all is well with the boy...arrival should be the first week of October.
Lots of bear sign around here, and the deer are getting impressive. Should be an outstanding year all the way around.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©