3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Huntin the wind !  (Read 159 times)

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
Huntin the wind !
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
I never really have had the chance to hunt any where other than my homeland of southeastern OH.  This time of year the wind changes direction on the average of about 6 times per hour. Maybe  a bit exagerrated but it changes a lot and it is very difficult to hunt the wind. I have stands set to hunt multiple wind and sunlight situations. However it seems wherever I sit the wind ends up against me.  For you guys in other areas do you fight this also.
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Huntin the wind !
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
I hunt in the mountains of Virginia, and the wind is never constant. It well may be, way up there, but when it hits a ridge, mixes with thermals and decides to explores a hollow, it resembles Jeffy on Family Circle, infamous for wayward, wandering tracks when sent on a mission.

The wonderful creek crossing at the feet of four ridges is a tantalizing sit, but you will get busted every time. I stillhunt a lot, following my nose, and sit until I see that the wind is prying me out of yet another dandy setup. Very frustrating, and I am not smart enough to figure out how to beat it while on the ground.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline cody94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
dude, you dont even relize how many times we got bustred today. seems like the only thing that had an intrest in us was a raccoon that was charging me and my pal-that thing was crazy.
OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
That old saying, when its windy,ya hunt 50% of the animals....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
I was stalking a group of deer few little does and 5 bucks biggest was around 150" I had the elevation on them to see where they were goin so I headed that way wind in my face, perfect at first. All of a sudden I diden't feel it in my face and one doe blew and that was it they got out of their, not fast or real spooked but they knew something was up. I was happy i finally got to go hunt and see deer.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Twice this week I've been busted by swirling winds.It's part of the game  :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©