3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Non-Trad Kills AND Authors of will be removed!!!  (Read 676 times)

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Non-Trad Kills AND Authors of will be removed!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Good on you T.    :clapper:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline TRAD101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
I don't know what the heck is going on as of late...but if you post a compound kill, you and your thread will be removed from this site.

I'm tired or reading..."I can't help myself"..."I know this isn't trad but I feel the need to share"...."I know its not a trad bow, but a muzzle loader is traditional".  I'm tired of getting emails about these types of thread and having to go pull them.....so, I'm going to start eliminating the violators.

Like I said...I don't know why folks feel the need to post kills of other weapons...but I'm now implementing ZERO TOLERANCE....sorry, but I can't help myself!!!!

It sure would help if folks actually READ THE RULES THEY AGREED TO....and then read the thread featured at the top....it would save EVERYONE some grief.
Just a suggestion but maybe you should create an other forum called "Free for All" or "Slighty off Topic" or something of that nature and any threads or posts that are borderline are moved there. Then tell folks don't email me about threads in this forum "don't go in there in there in first place in you don't want to read about none trad kills."   You have a "Report a Post" function here, seems like a simple solution to me. I thought my "Slingbow" thread was OK, I knew it was borderline but thought it was very informative and was posted as such but a few posters had to take it down a different direction and I knew as soon as that happened it was going to get whacked pretty quick and it did. I saw no difference than any other post like "What do you carry in the woods with you" Or "What's in your Daysack or Backpack?" It was a survival tool thread..some of those here some just took it down a different road. This would be a perfect example. Good info. for hunters and might actually save a life but it's not a Traditional bow hunting post.

All that said you run a good site just some food for thought.

Edit:
In short what am trying to say is you are always going to have new members joining and some guys who always want to push the envelope and that is not going to go away. Maybe it would be less frustrating to you and your Mods. to have a place to dump these threads and posts and not going to the extreme of deleting and account over it and dealing with all the B.S. that comes with that.
Once again just some food for thought from someone who is an Admin and a Mod. on two other sites. I understand your frustration.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I agree with you Terry. The reason that I come to this site is because it is 100% traditional and I would like to see it stay that way. Bob

Offline GO Rogers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
:campfire:    :coffee:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. TGMM ♥

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
Gotta be done!  We are with you!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
Think I may have been one of the culprits with my "I have strayed" post. Sincere apologies Terry.Won't happen again.
 This is the best place on the net, hands down and its because of you and your mods that its so.
Brad
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Thanks Terry for your efforts in keeping TG what it is "The best dang Traditional archery site on the world wide web".   :archer2:

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
It is awefully nice of you to say your going to do it before dropping the hammer.  I don't remember any warnings when I was in the military.  Once you know the rules, punishment for violation should be swift and sure.   Half the problem in our society is that this practice is dying out with parents and people think they can just do whatever they want.  

I say drop the hammer and let the folks learn a lesson they should have learned prior to reaching puberty.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
MikeW....I'm afraid you aren't getting the point...

THIS IS A TRAD ONLY SITE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, CUT AND DRY!!!

Not a "free for all", "slightly off topic site"....I don't see the sense in having a forum like that on this site.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
There are many both wonderful and invaluable attributes far from unseen once becoming immersed w/I the community. My own life has been significantly and positively impacted by experiencing its treasures.

Even though my handle is ”Friend”, my protective commitment to the TG community is zealous. For wrongs done to me are responded by a turned cheek: but for wrongs done to my family, my friends and others of the TG community, the responses are swift, yet appropriate, persuasive and evidently contradictory.

This traditional community is a gift I pray that we all openly value!!!!

Let’s consistently join in providing the utmost support for our moderators in order to ensure the protection of the engrained integrity of this site and for all the individual members of this beloved community.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:
MikeW....I'm afraid you aren't getting the point...

THIS IS A TRAD ONLY SITE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, CUT AND DRY!!!

Not a "free for all", "slightly off topic site"....I don't see the sense in having a forum like that on this site.
Trust me I get the point. OK no problem just a suggestion like I said..stick to your guns.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
I got my first thread pulled a few months ago after being a member here for years and years.  I thought it was related enough to the topic of hunting to post, but the mods thought otherwise and I dont blame them.  This is a unique site and I enjoy the fact that you can come here and have a point of interest that every member present knows and loves.  There is a uniqueness to that which is not present in most other forums.  I think the goal at Tradgang is clear.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Hopefully the guys and gals on ALL the forums read and follow this advice.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Thank you Terry and the mods!!!   :clapper:
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
Thanks Terry. You and all the moderators do a great job and it IS appreciated. I had a post pulled once for something difgrferent and yall were right in doing it. Keep up the good work. Its what helps make TG the no.1 site for traditional archery and related subjects.   :thumbsup:
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Ahhhh.  We need a little light bulb gremlin.  Last week I was following a thread and then it was gone.  I always thought if there was a pic that did not belong, the mods would delete it, I did not realize the whole thread would go away.  Makes sense now.  Thanks.

We definitely don't need a free for all forum!

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
As others have said, I come here because it's a Traditional bowhunting/archery site. Thanks for keeping it that way . . .
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Red4arm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
This is the only place I go to talk hunting, cause I hunt only traditional archery. I love it that way. There are hundreds of modern weapon sites others can visit. Thanks Tradgang

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Thanks Terry!!!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©