3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011  (Read 3524 times)

Re: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Several dozen turkeys and two yearling does.  One of the turkeys tempted me at 40 yards for a time, and one of the yearling does hung around within 15 yards for a half hour. Even me coughing on my chew several times did not scare her off as I sat on my Huntmore chair. Neither did turning to get a drink of RC Cola, but when the cola plastic bottle unkinked later, she was gone.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
Some rabbits and squirrels making fun of my shooting . Quail dodging my arrows . But one got unlucky.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2011, 02:11:00 AM »
A beautifull dark haired brown eyed lil petite girl,,oh yea i see her every morning,,she said would i please turn the alarm clock off.Ok, seriously, i saw some turkeys, about 14 of them including a white hen.They walked right in front of me in my natural ground bline under limbs that hang all the way to the ground on a big live oak tree.A little while after they were gone i watched a hawk do a dive bomb on something in the thicket next to me.No deer today.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Gonna give 'em a break this morning. The wind is blowing out of the north at about 35-40; reminds me of why we don't live in Casper any more. Tomorrow looks like a better day, but if the wind dies, I will go out this afternoon.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
10-16-11

Morning- Had a pretty good day. Finally got to hunt one of my favorite stands. Saw 5 deer. 4-does and one very nice buck. I really,really thought long and hard about shooting this 10 pointer but decided to let him pass. He was borderline of what I am looking for. He will be a dandy next year for sure!
But I was able to put an arrow in something later. This poor ol sheep killer yote never saw the 160 snuffer coming at her.   :bigsmyl:

Evening: Hunted a new/old stand out of our core area. Bad swirling winds made this a wise decision. Saw deer and heard alot of snorting. I think one deer snorted so much she/he got a sore throat.

Good day to hunt and hang out at the camp.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
I will say that the sign is really starting to pick up. Saw alot of new rubs and old scrapes starting to be tended. About 10-14 days and things out to get started.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline JO_EZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
10/14 - 10/15
Back from a cold and wet up north tent camping hunt.

Saw squirrels the size of house cats... no shots.

Saw about 8 deer while cruising the trails in the truck.

Saw 3 does from a ground blind. They were kind enough to offer 2 shots... I was kind enough to miss... First shots at deer with my long bow, so that was a big thrill for me.

My son saw 2 deer from his blind, no shots though. He was excited to have called them in with the grunt tube. He also saw some coyotes or some such critters at dark comming in to check out his doe bleets.

Had a nice chat with another recurve hunter at noon on Saturday.

Good times...
I started shooting a longbow because I thought it would simplify things and it did... now I simply need to get a whole lot closer to hit anything.

Work'n when I have to, fish'n when I can...

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
Oct. 17th am
Hunted a red oak shelf and saw 1 gobbler at about 20yds. 7:15am. Will I was trying not to get picked out by him a deer came across above me through the oak ridge at about 60yds. Wasn't a big deer, but couldn't make it out.

Bout 8:00am a yrling spike came down from the ridge and caught my wind. He hopped all around blowing for about 20 minutes. The yrling with him never paid no mind..just kept feeding.
That was it for this morning.

I did however prove something for myself. Peeing in a scrape does work. There's a scrape on the edge of a fence line and cornfield I walk by every time I go hunting behind my house and it hasn't been touched all season..was untouched this morning, so I let loose in it going in before daylight and when I came out there were tracks all in it and it has been scuffed up good.

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Oct 17
After sitting in a stand for a couple hours, I decided to move to a different stand which I did.  After climbing to the top of the ladder stand, I observed this buck watching me from a distance of about 30-40 yards.  He is bedded with his body tucked under long grasses and just his head exposed.  I took a couple pics with my small digital camera before he stood up and slowly walked away.  He is right in the center of the photo so you might have to zoom in in order to see him.  It was a case of not what I saw but of what was seeing me.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
I gave up an area I was hunting as late as yesterday and found a new area. Well the wind wasn't right for the new spot I found and slowly  made my way back to yesterday's spot to find HUGE buck with in range of where I sat yesterday.

Does anyone have a crystal ball for sale? I'm so frustrated!
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
17 Oct evening;
Created a ground blind and saw 4 does and 4 bucks (all little guys) along with the same bunch of turkeys that I have been messing with for quite a while. Two jakes almost tempted me, but I held off. The wind was down to 15-20, so it was a pleasant evening. Still waiting for a big buck to show himself.

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Saw 3 small bucks this evening. No does but a butt load of squirrels. No shots.

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
I saw hundreds of antelope again this evening, 6 mulie does/fawns, 2 4x4 bucks, and a spike. I never tried a stalk because I can only hunt for a cull deer on this property. I can only hunt a mature 3x4, 2x4, ect. No elk seen today.

I did find an arrowhead yesterday. Tip broke off like it was shot at something. Really makes a guy wonder what it was shot at.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
had a spike buck run two little does to me this mornnin, just as she popped around a tree i was at full draw with a frontal shot at 5 yds. ,    i passed, and got snorted at, oh well....

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Today, I saw lots of saw dust, got 3 bows glued up, nailed the wieght on two pup recurves, and a Prairie Predator (midsized longbow).  didn't get to hunt but got to build bows for a living.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
Sounds like money Mike,hope you get caught up.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
18 Oct morning,
Mid 30s with a north wind, but eventually the sun came up and made for a pleasant morning. Saw around 10 does and 4 bucks along with the ever present turkeys. One buck was a nice 4x4, high and wide. Watched him from about 70 yards, but had no way to get closer. He left the country when the wind busted me.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
Hunted for 6 hours.....saw 1 red squirrel.   :dunno:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Oct 8th and 9th spent most of the time scouting for a place
To ambush some hogs. 3 pm on the 9 th found a water hole about 30 yards off a dirt road with 5 wallows and tore up with tracks. Got the wind right and sat down. The last 1/2 of light I saw 1 white toyota, 1 silver Toyota and a red GMC drive right buy the water hole and me 10 min after the red GMC it was dark so i walk the mile and a half back to me silver GMC and went home. Gota love public land hunting in California

Huuummm maybe I should of got a lift from the red GMC back to my truck
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
a bib flock of turkeys and on sun eve 7 does 1 buck and a fawn
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©