3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011  (Read 3508 times)

Offline bowtough

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Stay the course Shedrock,do it the hard way! Keep us informed dude. Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Had a great night saw lots of deer and had a couple good bucks go by.One was a 130 class 9 pt at 8 yards had to hang my bow up so i wouldn't get tempted.Ready for tomorrow things are starting to get going.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »
Was only able to hunt a couple hours Sat. morning. Saw 6 does and a bunch of squirrels. No shots.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
Hunted yesterday morning on a red oak, white oak bench next to a thicket. This is the area I had seen so many deer going to the day before.

Problem was the wind was just opposite of what was called for and blowing right back into the area 99% of the deer had come from the day before. I didn't see anything come from that direction.

I ended up seeing 14 does and yrlings and no shot. Got busted trying to turn around the tree when big doe changed sides, same scenario again with another doe and yrling, but decided not to try and turn, but wait till the big doe got past me...never saw here again.

Saw a group of 9 does and yrlings going the other way up in the thicket at 10:00 and while I was getting my stand together on the ground at 12:30 I look up and see 2 white tails taking off and then blowing down in the bottom.

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
I saw 11 does/fawns, a 4X4 and a little 3X3 buck. Deer season is closed now.   :(  

Looked all over, up and down for the bull elk I got into yesterday, put 4+ miles on my tired legs and never saw a single elk.

I'm sure ready for my Missouri deer hunt so I can only walk a couple hundred yards and let them come to me. I do enjoy sitting on my rear hunting now and then.  ;)
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
I for got my wool jacket this morning, so that meant I was a still hunter and not a sitting hunter. I played around with a doe and her fawn for a while. then took a slow hike and found a bunch of woodcocks. They would timber doodle their way along a wet slope. I use to love woodcock hunting with a bow. they quite often drop back into cover quickly and give one another chance, but this morning I was a bird watcher, no migratory stamp. A scruffy warped racked 8 pointer got up near the woodcocks. thought about the shot, but I changed my mind when he put it in high gear.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Saw the east end of a west bounding white tail thru the dry brush. Too danged hot and dry around here but a nice day to be out...

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by creekwood:
Oct 17

Looks to me you will have to move your stand again   :biglaugh:  

Nice buck.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
I saw a doe at about 50 yards. She bedded for an hour then something spooked her off.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Finally got out to hunt tonight for the 1st time  this season.  Saw eight does/fawns.  Nothing closer than ~70yds plus.  Great time in the woods.

Java Man
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
10-23-11. Evening

4-does and 4 bucks. Nothing real big. Swirling winds.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Mike.s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Went out behind the house today in the blind its made out of old military camo net 3 small doe and 1 big doe showed up to eat some acorns 10 yards away sooo picked the spot got the draw on her released and followed through aaaand put it over her back. I truly think she hit the deck when she heard the string. She must have trained up on incomming... Damn tactical deer.
"Retirement 22 days and a wake up but whose counting".
US Army Light Infantry 94-Present
USMC Recon 85-89

Offline GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Finally had two does come in broadside at 10 yard at about 3:30 pm, would have liked to put one in the freezer,BUT my bow pull up rope was in my hand and my bow was on the other end still on the ground!!!   :banghead:   One minute more, just one minute.
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
0 deer and 1 trespasser.  Could be the guy that stole my stands and groundblind.  He was too far away and couldn't get a positive ID on him though.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
The stand I hunted the other night had this cam soaking for a week by it. This pic was taken on the lease next to ours. Me and Ben are able to bowhunt this lease. He came through at 8:36pm. A little tooooooo late.

“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Sounds like a lot of Close calls.  I love this stuff.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline JO_EZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
10/22
Saw a big pile of BBQ'd ribs, done by Dad the camp cook, converted in to a camp full of stuffed, drowsey bow hunters. Sure am glad he doesn't hunt because it might interfere with his cooking.

It was good to see my nephiew, the marine, who was able to get some leave and join us at camp.

10/23
Hunted with a buddy on his close-to-home spot. Saw a bruiser moving on through about 50 yards away. He was not fazed in the least by my grunt tube insults.
Had 2 does come into the red zone and managed to get a nice, clean shot off at the bigger one and she managed to duck and run out of there unharmed... getting closer.

Had a Blue Heron land in the ditch about 10 yards away.
I started shooting a longbow because I thought it would simplify things and it did... now I simply need to get a whole lot closer to hit anything.

Work'n when I have to, fish'n when I can...

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
10/25:
FAT little button buck walked right under my stand.
Couple minutes later, a spike walked behind me and up jumbed a nice doe from her bed. She came up past me but out of range and into the brush. Squirrels out gathering leaves and bark to insulate their nests---I guess a couple light frosts get s them worried about upcoming winter...
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
From today's journal...

25-Oct-11

Since I'm working nights this week (oncall) and since it was such a beautiful day, I hit the trails for a short still-hunt.  Got a late start and an early finish but it was significantly better than nothing.

Entered the front way and worked south to the back entrance.  I had planned to take the old horse trail along the eastern border but spotted a very fresh set of deer tracks leading up the new trail so off I went.  Followed those for an hour and a half or so - never did see any deer.

Did get a shot at a squirrel.  He had spotted me and was about twenty feet up a hickory tree.  He stayed still - guess he thought I might not have noticed him.  I moved around so the tree could provide a backstop for me, stopped and fired.  It was a good shot - hit right where I was looking - but he saw it coming and bailed out.  Man, they're fast.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©