3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011  (Read 3500 times)

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
I saw a bunch of these...

... but none of them close enough for a shot.  Cool day.

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
OK
Im a little late but I will add that Ive seen chipmunks and squirrels
Verry little deer this year
0 shots so far.
Slickhead

Offline Longrifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
Noticed a bunch of turkey buzzards in the woods, going from the ground to a tree & back. Figured they were feeding on something. Saw one actually chase a red tailed hawk away from their area. Watched them for about an hour before wandering down to see what they were eating, which was a doe carcass.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
I saw 18 Deer on Saturday, passed a 5 yard shot of a doe with a fawn, then had an 8 yard shot at a button buck, got the tree he was standing behind.

Quite a bit of action, which is typical before gun season here.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
As I watched a little buck eyeballing me from about 40 yards this morning, I heard "Putt, putt, putt," and looked uphill about 10 yards away, where a gobbler was doing his turkey thing; getting ready to leave the county. He went over a rise and I followed, only to watch him fly off. Saw about 10 does and another buck which was a mature 4x4. He had the thick neck and dark hocks of a buck looking for love; maybe the rut is near.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline JO_EZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
10/29/11

Got going late for the AM hunt, but got the boy set up on time. He heard some "stuff" moving around, but saw no deer. He saw a squirrel, but it moved out before he got a shot.

Since I was late, anyway, I stopped up at the house and had a cup of coffee with Dad before embarking on a still hunt down the brush hog paths.

Lots of birds out and beautiful colors, but no deer. Few scrapes and only 1 rub... they are late.
I started shooting a longbow because I thought it would simplify things and it did... now I simply need to get a whole lot closer to hit anything.

Work'n when I have to, fish'n when I can...

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Had a great night again 6 bucks 4 does passed on 9pt 125 class and 8pt 130 class all of the bucks worked the scrape right in front of me what a great show.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
I'm a couple of days late.  Went out late afternoon on Saturday the 29th.  I did not see any huntable quarry, but was treated to various birds.  Cormorants, chickadees, crows, cardinals, buntings, etc... and one armadillo  :)   Had a great time!
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Slept in til 6 this morning, but got into gear and went out in light snow and 30 degree cool. Probably saw 30 deer, and saw a young buck chasing some does. Saw 2 thick necked bucks that were obviously mature deer, but their racks weren't that great. They were with some does, but didn't seem rutty in their actions.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
It was 76 degrees here today and I still saw a bruiser chasing a doe.

She was so hot she was mouth breathing with her tongue hanging out.

He sure wasn't letting her get out of his sight.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline DV of WI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Two skunks in my sons conibears. Good cover scent if someone wants, or to put under someones porch.

Offline SportHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
First time out this year. Driving around public land looking for a good place to get out to do some ground hunting I spotted a doe. Drove down a few hundred yards & stalked up to her. She fed into me & I had her within 5 yards for several minutes. Asat sure did its job on this one. I let her pass as she was on the smaller side but it was great anyways.

Next encounter was after a long slow walk into new territory in hopes of finding some action. After about 45 min of slow paused paces with the wind in my face the winds started shifting directions depending on the terrain. Heard some noise to the right of me on another finger of the valley and noticed a doe coming in at a steady trot, guess who followed, looked like a legal buck maybe a ten pt but he was within range for only a few seconds, when he showed no signs of stopping i did a doe bleat by mouth, he stopped and looked my way but proceeded to follow the doe. I did a super slow stalk in there direction which took some time but didnt catch up to them.

Found 2 scrapes on the way out. Not bad action for hunting from 11 to 3. Great day!

Not bad for huting from

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
Was windy no bunnies or squirrels. Played with two coyotes and they won. later played with another one and I won. Lots of noisy magpies and crows.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »
i went first after a pheasant. when I jumped it, I was so shocked that there actually was one I forgot to shoot at it. Later I saw a fawn sneaking around in some low cedar clumps. Then I ran into a cp shooter with his dog. I talked to him across the creek. I asked him if he was pheasant hunting or looking for a deer. He said looking for deer. Every time I see him he is looking for a deer. This time he said he hit the ten pointer. this was the same deer that I passed on twice before, first time it was too hot and opening week end, the second time we were going to head north because my daughter was about to have a baby. I thought he first said he hit it at 6a.m. because I said "why are you going after a gut shot deer this quick." I thought he had shot it near where we were at. Then he said "I started looking for it 1 o clock so it was almost 8 hours. And I shot it from my stand across the road." A half mile away.  Apparently a girl heading for her tree stand jumped it heading out for her afternoon hunt, but she did not see which way it ran. Except that it was heading away. He put his tree stand right where my wife's permanent blind had been for a number of years prior to him taking over the spot. Tree stands equal no trespassing if you are a millionaire, I guess. I saw a doe and her fawns  on the way to where I wanted to sit for the night. I left early and lost my judo point in a picked bean field, took my eye off of it to watch an owl fly by and could not find back what I had shot at. I know it is just laying there, somewhere.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
Dont get on the puter much this time of year. Hunting is primetime!!!!!
Anyhow, saw several bucks the last couple days and passed on a couple good ones. But had one really good one (high 140's) come in on a string. Well when I grunted with my mouth to stop him he turned toward me. I held at full draw and waited until he turned broadside again. Well he FINALLY did but I was off my game by then. Shot right under the belly. Hindsight is 20/20 but I should have let the draw down and let him go. Good thing he wasn't touched.
Got payback last night for the miss on another yote!!! They just wont learn to stay away.hahah
The rut is here and I'll be at camp for a week. Good luck all and I'll post when I get back.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
Yesterday sat all day (public land) and saw the same little buck I saw last week on Thursday. He was running goofy this time. I have only seen 13 deer this year and firearm opener is this weekend and I' m out until they are done. Leaves me the last three weeks of December. The only shot I could have taken was a button buck that must have been born late, smallest thing walking. It is what it is!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Yesterday my buddy came over and got busted by three does as we were headed to our spots...  :(  

He did some rattling and saw a small six poit that was on the wrong side of the fence. Later we were at another place. No deer but I got to see a pileated woodpecker fly by me and watch a hen turkey walking around.  :)

Offline dkforge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
This AM saw squirrels, woodpeckers, blue jays, two raccoons, six doe and four different buck. Two buck were not legal, the other two were. All the animals listed above are still out frolicking together. Heavy sigh......

Offline koops4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
My son and I seen nothing this morning while hunting.  However, on our commute home we seen a huge buck walking through some tall grass.  With out a doubt, the biggest deer either of us have ever seen except on TV.  Unfortunatly, the land he was on is private land owned by a large company.  Maybe if we are lucky we will see something half his size tonight.
Paul

Offline $bowhunter$

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
A.M. 7 large does 3 yearling does 2 button bucks 1 spike and a small 7. overall good but to windy so not much movement
"SHOOT STRAIT" - something im still working twards

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©