3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011  (Read 3497 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
Yesterday, I watched two bucks fighting; one was a pretty good 4x4. I tried to grunt one in, but they were too busy with each other, although they paid attention to the grunt.
This morning, I went to the same area and rattled, but got no takers. I'm putting in plenty of time in the woods, hopefully the plan will come together before the season ends. Got close to some turkeys this morning, but could not get a clear shot before they busted me.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
40 minutes ago climbing into my tree stand, half way up and a nice fat doe walks by, doooooh!!!!

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
2011-11-04

Went out to Quantico today just to see how it was to hunt there. A friend of mine has hunted it exstensivly but hunts from a tree stand.

Saw two does that busted me at about 80yards. They winded me from a long distance. The path I was on is a decline that opens up into a huge draw.

Once the wind started whipping that ended my day.

Great place to hunt but Im not too crazy about reserving spots to go hunt.

But it is loaded with deer. Loads of tracks!!!!
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Hunted 3 hours this evening. No deer seen but was over run with squirrels.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Just got in from watching a 4x4 chasing does for about an hour. He had about 15 to choose from. It was fun watching him.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
I saw a dog with one rear leg that stuck straight back, and I saw that the arrogant rich guy, that thinks he owns every thing and cannot stand to share the land with anyone else, did not find the ten pointer he hit in the dark, because he was out hunting again tonight.

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
A bunch of disgruntled workers that wished they could be hunting. O well  got to pay the bills.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Well with a consistent south wind it should have been good. (if they would have slowed a bit-30 mph gusting to 45 is a bit much.)
Deer were hard to find and those I did see were very spooky.
I did see one 120ish buck cruising the bottoms, also saw a big bob cat going in, in the morning, and about 47 raccoons on an ensilage pile while leaving in the dark.
This year may make me a believer in the moon phase thing as any rut activity is hard to come by.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
Saw something last night that was definitely a first for me.
I took the grand daughter on a youth hunt, and although we had opportunities, things just didn't work out.
As we left the farm I jokingly referred to all the big bucks we would see driving home..
As I crested the first hill, my headlights picked up an animal setting on his haunches on the shoulder of the road, much as a dog or coyote would do. That is what my first thoughts were, coyote.. As I approached it turned out to be a young fork horned buck. He rose and walked across the road  in front of me.
I stopped and let him walk, he went to the fence but would not cross it. He then returned to the road in front of me and started running ahead of me much as a stray calf would do.
He finally went back in the ditch he originally came from and I went on by.
There was no evidence of injury, but something certainly wasn't right with that boy.
Have you ever seen a deer set on his butt like a dog??

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
I went looking for a cow elk this morning and saw bulls only, 57 of them spread out in groups of 7-15. Bull season opens back up Dec 1st and I'll be there!

I did some bunny hunting, saw 3, shot one for the pot. Found 3 sets of bobcat tracks, and one fresh set of lion tracks. Houndsman should be here in the morning, and we'll try a run at it.

I also saw several nice mulie bucks sniffin' does.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »

This guy has been hanging around my block for the last week. He come down out of the hills into town tending to the "city" does. Where was he during season?
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
I got to wach my arrows go 2 inches under a solid 145inch buck tonight.

doug77

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by doug77:
I got to wach my arrows go 2 inches under a solid 145inch buck tonight.

doug77
That Stinks but on the bright side at least you got to see and shoot at a 145 inch buck.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Ya I know Scott I'm lucky to live in Iowa. Theirs probaly a lot of guys who never even see one. I do have a date with him next week-end.

doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but boy, did I have an occurrence yesterday,

I was sighting my granddaughter's slug gun in for late doe season. After taking a couple of shots I walked up to check my target. About the time I turned and started heading back to the truck, I hear a deer snort across the creek..

I thought that a bit strange with all the noise I was making, but went on.. Then I hear grunting, and more snorting. Soon I see deer running all over the place.

Long story short, there were at least seven bucks chasing around. The biggest a 140ish, then a couple of 120's and the rest were smaller.

This was not friendly chasing as the big guy was intent on killing one of them, and I don't think he cared which one. This went on for at least three passes of them coming close, then leaving and returning..

To the best of my reasoning, I am guessing the big guy had a doe squirreled away, and the smaller bucks were trying to run her off..

I will say too, the temptation or thought was there.. Me standing there with a slug gun and all of this going on, but I quickly dismissed the thought and enjoyed the moment.

I got back to the truck and looked at the clock.. 1:10 PM  Basically high noon, Dec 10, (second rut). Another vote for all day sets if you are up to it.

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
I was walking in before daylight three days ago and my headlamp caught something glowing about 10yds from me. I took a better look and it was the biggest racked buck I've ever seen in the woods while hunting. I've only seen one buck with bigger rack and that was from truck. This buck 3 days ago was bedded down about 300yds from my house along the edge of a creek. He had to have been in the 160"'s or 170"'s. Real wide, lots of mass and real long points. Typical 8 or 10 or so with main beams curving back towards each other.

Only deer I saw from my stand that morning I saw about 10mins. after I got down and was walking off. Bout 5 does walked right under the tree I was hunting in.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
I was out last Sat and Sun (10th & 11th) mornings and saw a young doe and a giant tom.  Sunday was the coldest hunt of the year so far at 16 degrees.  No wind, so it was a pleasant morning to be out in the woods.

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
We had a freak snow storm back in October. Dumped a a bunch of heavy wet snow in a short period of time. Many trees went down that day.

Found this one and thought it was kinda neat.

Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by misfire:
We had a freak snow storm back in October. Dumped a a bunch of heavy wet snow in a short period of time. Many trees went down that day.

Found this one and thought it was kinda neat.

Cool!  Not a good spot for a treestand but cool!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©