3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011  (Read 3527 times)

Offline JO_EZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOOOOO,what did you see today thread.....2011
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
10/08/11
Counted Coup on a grey squirrel with my flu flu fletching.

Heard a couple of deer pass through about 60 yards away, but they stayed on the other side of the briar patch.

Headed up to the North Woods for 4 days of camping, stumping and hunting tomorrow morning.

Great thread idea. I enjoy reading every one's success stories, but this is a thread I can actually participate in...
I started shooting a longbow because I thought it would simplify things and it did... now I simply need to get a whole lot closer to hit anything.

Work'n when I have to, fish'n when I can...

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Oct. 5th AM. Hunted over some red oak acorns. Had a cowhorn come in 7:30am to about 10yds. He eventually smelled me and left.

Two doe came in down wind about 70yds off at 8:30am smelled me then dropped off the ridge out of sight.

Oct. 6th AM. Hunted over red oak acorns on a shelf overlooking creek bottom. Bunch of doe and yrlings came in to about 60yds above me and fed off.

Oct. 7th AM. Went back to same as above only climbed tree where I saw the deer. Got busted at 7:15am by a big bodied deer and another I couldn't make out. They came up from behind me and saw me move.

8:15am 8pt came up from the bottom and I killed it at 18 steps. Double lung, ran about 60yds.

Haven't hunted since..suppose to start raining today at about 3:00pm and rain through Thurs. Will hunt Fri. morning.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
10-9-11

Morning-a big fat coon

Evening- not a single thing

Time to leave the bean fields and head up to the corn.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Took care of a stand this AM and scouted just a bit....opener is on Sat. for Southern Zone around here. Not much going on, a storm is brewing and things seem to be laying low!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
Ya know Rizzy...... I have decided that you are jealous of Ben and this is your attempt,however lame it might be, to have a thread like his HH one.

That's just my opinion.... And you know what they say about opinions.   :readit:

:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :goldtooth:    :jumper:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
10/12/11

Out for just a short time this evening. Saw 2 doe but was busted and no shot.

Saw a spike and a 6 point together in a field but where going the other way and fed out of sight.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
3 long beards, one old doe, no shot?
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
Finally got a "good wind" tonight, so I tried again.. 2 bucks both shooters (125-140)but nothing inside of 50 yards.. So far they haven't busted me, so Maybe I'll try again tomorrow night as it looks like the wind is going to stay out of the north.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2011, 12:51:00 AM »
a couple does, 3 armadillos, 2 skunks, and 4 coons.

the coons left minus one of their buddies

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 04:18:00 AM »
Lots of vally quail, Bunnies' and jacks. No coyotes wanted to play.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:00 AM »
I saw an old osage bow stave with severe natural reflex sitting in the corner of my bow shop. I saw it come in from a friends woods so I wrestled it around for almost a year & now it's down on the bench.

My next project!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Oct. 14th am.
Walked up on a doe before daylight going in, that was heading into a standing cornfield and saw one big doe or small buck.. couldn't tell..at 7:15 am. It was about 50yds in mature planted pines and dogwoods heading somewhere at a fast walk and jog.

Will go in the morning..maybe this afternoon too..if wind lays a little.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Had the day off and decided to hit the woods in spite of a sketchy forecast - windy and 90% chance of rain. Got up this morning and saw the chance of rain was down to 60% though the radar seemed to disagree with that prediction.

Things were moist and windy - which is great for people trying to move quietly - and it never did rain. Saw no deer but a couple of squirrels. Got close to one big fox squirrel - he was on the ground with his head to the right of a tiny sapling and his body to the left. I took careful aim and - you guessed it - hit the tiny sapling. Should have aimed at that.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:
Ya know Rizzy...... I have decided that you are jealous of Ben and this is your attempt,however lame it might be, to have a thread like his HH one.

That's just my opinion.... And you know what they say about opinions.    :readit:  

:bigsmyl:      :bigsmyl:      :pray:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Osagetree:
I saw an old osage bow stave with severe natural reflex sitting in the corner of my bow shop. I saw it come in from a friends woods so I wrestled it around for almost a year & now it's down on the bench.

My next project!
:scared:  Hey, I know that stave! Oh yea!!!!!!

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
Spent the last few days in the U.P.  Unseasonably warm, sunny days and swirling winds, coupled with a full moon and clear nights made for poor hunting.  They were moving but only after the sun went down.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by leatherneck:

quote:
Originally posted by sunny hill archer:

That's just my opinion.... And you know what they say about opinions.     :readit:  

:bigsmyl:        :bigsmyl:        :bigsmyl:
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline Mike.s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
lots of rain, 1 rabbit, 2 small doe and a cat that got those two doe really fired up almost thought they was gonna fight till the doe turned tail and ran.
"Retirement 22 days and a wake up but whose counting".
US Army Light Infantry 94-Present
USMC Recon 85-89

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
Buried in does last night. Too darn many eyes to pull off a shot and then "Ole Snort" had to tell the world and the buck of my eye that I was there. Great evening just the same
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©