3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: usps trouble happy ending  (Read 583 times)

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
usps trouble happy ending
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
I traded a bow in sept. The bow I traded for was taken to the post office on Sept 14. it was sent parcel post.  I have the shipping label #. according to the label # it sat in the 1st post office for 10 days, then on the 24 it was processed and shipped.on the 26 it was labeled missent. This then happened again on the 27th, 28th and 29th.The 29 entry is the last that shows up when I track the #. The sender was at the p.o. on 10/1/11 and was told the problem was solved, however now when I enter the # no information is available. Any one had this happen to them and what was done to resolve the problem.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: usps trouble happy ending
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
That doesn't sound good......Jim. Hopefully it will show up and be none the worse for wear. I hope it was insured, but if it is "somewhere" in the system, I don't know that you can do anything about it until it shows......somewhere. If I were the one that shipped it, I'd be at the post office on a daily basis UNTIL it was found.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
I don't even want to talk about it...  :nono:

Offline kota-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Wow...A guy just sent me a Silvertip today USPS.  I was hoping it would be here by Friday!  I won't hold my breath...Good Luck

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
I have had a couple of times when a set of arrows shipped to me parcel post.First set took 11 days and the second one took 14 days to get to me.I always prefer to ship Priority,it doesn't cost that much more but usally gets there in 2-3 days.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
Ditto Winterhawks advice, particulary with respect to your trading partner.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
I agree with sending Priority, in some cases it is really about the same Money. Plus you can get the delivery confirmation for under a buck...

No reason to take a chance for me any other way than Priority Mail...

Just my 2 cents...

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »
the longer its in the "system" the more chances for a foul-up!!
PRIORITY!!
Mike

Offline MikeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
When I ship usps it is always Priority and have never had a problem to date.

Offline Milhouse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
I'm not sure about your particular package, but the last time I was given a quote for priority vs parcel post, the difference was literally less than a dime.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
I will be shipping a bow today, might wait until tomorrow depending on reponses. Better to stick with Postal Service or go UPS  :dunno:
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Noooooo on UPS!!!!  They nearly destroyed a bow I sent to a guy in a heavy pvc tube--I mean they had to work hard to do the damage they did to it and then left it sitting at the guy's door with the top six inches or so of the tube gone leaving just jagged edges and a big hole in the bottom cap as well.  By some miracle that bow survived.  I will never use UPS.  I have never had a problem with the postal service but always use priority mail as others have mentioned above.....Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Shape Shifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
I also will NEVER again ship a bow via UPS. The last bow shipped to me via UPS came in two pieces and it wasn't a Takedown. Priority Mail/DeliveryConfirmation/Insured.
"Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit"

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
UPS sucks.  They destroyed a 2" by 2" stave of osage orange I shiiped.  You could have pried a truck out of a mudhole with that stave and not hurt it.

USPS has done me well.  Their tracking service isn't the best, though.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
The only shipping service we've had "problems" with has been UPS and it's been more than once.

We've shipped literally thousands of packages with USPS and every single one has been delivered and not one damage claim.  Only a few have been misrouted and they all made it eventually.

I'd be pretty confident that if your package is properly labeled, it will be delivered sooner or later.  We have used Parcel Post without issue on very large items but Priority is the way to go if available.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
I haven't had any issues with USPS on losing/damaging anything, but their guarantees leave a lot to be desired.

I shipped Miss Faith off USPS Express Mail to Wisconsin last week.  Package was "guaranteed" to be delivered by 3 PM on Saturday, Oct 1st.  Checked tracking number and she didn't even arrive at destination city until 6AM Monday, Oct 3rd, and was delivered at 3:52 PM, over 2 days after "guaranteed delivery"

I wonder if I can get a refund for the $30 odd dollar price difference, since tha package was basically delivered around the same time as Priority Mail would have been.  Anyone ever had any success at getting refunds?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
USPS only for me, but PRIORITY!  Also insurance.  If priority shipping doesn’t show in four days I would start a claim.  Don't try to save a buck using parcel post.  It is way too slow.  The longer it set the more chance there is for something to go wrong. Figure max days for priority delivery regardless of the distance.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
I bought a bow recently that was sent parcel post. Like a slow boat to China.

When sending bows USPS Priority is the only way to go.

Not a FedEx fan.

Not a UPS fan.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Beanbag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Just had an issue with a bow going to the wrong PO in my state. Seller put the right address on the package but the  Main PO put it on the wrong truck.Priority with tracking. I was able to call the PO with tracking info. They were able to get it off the truck, I picked it up later that day at that PO.Typically they would send it back to the main PO and the chase would be on. Always do priority with tracking,at least you can keep abreast of what's going on.JG

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
USPS,,,,,,tracking, insured and priority....not perfect but the only way to go! I also had a money order get lost, it took 60 days but I got my money back!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©