3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: usps trouble happy ending  (Read 585 times)

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: usps trouble happy ending
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Wow ! I would have gone UPS just for convenience, as they are just across the street. You fellows did your job and scared the bajeezers outta me. Priorty postal  :thumbsup:    :banghead:
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Online Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Never had issues with either USPS or UPS. I have shipped dozens of bows and other gear. When you think about it, it's quite amazing that with the volume that these people deal with, there are so few screw ups. It is also very affordable. I sent a bow to Australia for a little more than $20. Kudos to the postal system and the postal workers!!

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
They all do it..UPS,USPS,Fed Ex. I've had packages that looked they played Football/Kickball with the package from everyone of them.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Recurve Shooter,
My husband sent me an express parcel when I was out hunting one year. I was to pick it up "general delivery" at the local PO the next day. I made countless trips to town on the consecutive days, only to be told that it had not arrived.

Because the Express Mail did not make the due date and time, the postage was free. Yes. The sender gets a refund.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline speedwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
I always use USPS Priority, with insurance and signature confirmation.  Never (knock on wood) had a problem.  I've seen too many people show what UPS did to thier package.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
ALWAYS, TAKE A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU SEND IF IT IS VALUABLE, AND ALWAYS PUT YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NO. INSIDE THE BOX WITH THE ITEMS BEING SENT, USPS or other. I did not do this and had a problem.

I sent a package, and something happened to the label, and I put clear tape over the label, after a several weeks it showed, as UNDELIVERABLE, sent to the Postal Dead Mail Center in Atlanta, GA. I had a tracking no. but no insurance.

I called the local Postmaster, and he said, to send him some pictures (jpeg), and he would forward them to Atlanta.  It took 3 months, but they were still in the box, and were able to identify the goods from the description and pictures. Eventually they were sent to me.  

I would suggest you go up to your USPS, and talk to the manager. Their system shows more information than we get to see. Plus, if it ends up in the Dead Mail Center, you have a good chance, by supplying photos, and a discription of the item(s) sent. You won't hear anything for several months so be prepared to wait.

I was told, they will not respond unless they find your package and contents.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
I had someone ship me 40 strap on tree steps last year in a good size box via USPS parcel post. It took 3 1/2 weeks to show up from Indiana to Misouri. Be patient.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
in the last month usps has given me some more gray hairs with there service. just ask beanbag and burch. maybe i should deliver the packages in person.

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
I'm the party on the other end of this deal. and I feel sick not for the bow  but for Jim. I know how he feels right about now. I once waited eight weeks for a bow but not the fault of usps. talked to the postmaster today and was told the problem is the label it reads his address my zip. A mistake on their part. Was told the package is on it's way back again for the fourth time. he said he will put a stop on it and correct the label error and turn it around. I'm doing what I can but at this point it's out of my hands. Good news bought insurance. Jon

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
I too am starting to worry about a package I shipped via USPS.

I sold a riser to a member in Canada, Manitoba.  I packed it in a tube and the guy at the Post Office told me it HAD to go PRIORITY.  No problem I thought.  I asked for tracking and was told that no door-to-door tracking is available once it leave the USA.  Having no other options I agreed and sent it on.  That was the 23rd. of September.  I believe he told me 6-10 days.

Well as of Sunday, nothing had made it to him.  He said he usually gives a little extra time and not to worry yet.  I must say that he has MUCH more patience than I do.  I don't know what to think.  I'm waiting to hear back from him and see if it made it there Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.  If it isn't there yet I'm thinking I need to go to the Post Office with my receipt and have them tell me what the heck is going on.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also had to fill out a Customs Form to be included on the side of the tube in a plastic cover.  In fact I just got it out and it says on the TOP, RIGHT hand corner:

"UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE"
CUSTOMS DECLARATION AND DISPATCH NOTE - CP 72"

It has a long barcode on the LEFT, TOP side of the form.  That's what the guy at the window told me they could use to do a BASIC track on it, but not door to door like here.

So here I am with this guys money, holding it until he gets it and has 24-48 hours to inspect it and OK it and he hasn't even got a smell of it yet.  No matter what happens it makes me look bad, like I am not on the level and maybe trying to rip him off, which I would NEVER DO.  Something just makes me feel like this is going to end bad for me.  This is just my kinda luck.

Can anyone else give me an idea on how long it should take to send a 4 pound tube with a riser in it to Manitoba, through Customs and all?  It was sent from South West Florida which I know will add extra time.  Tomorrow, Thursday, will be starting the 14th day.

Any advice from you frequent shippers or those that are in Canada and can give an idea how much extra time you allow to be safe?

My last message to him was that I'll try and be calm until you tell me to get nervous.  He hasn't said anything like that yet.  I hope he doesn't.

Through all this he has been a trooper.  Not a questioning word or comment from him.  I've tried to re-assure him as best I know how that it's on the way, but I can see how that story might be running thin about now though.

Lets hope it arrives soon.

Any advice on what to expect when shipping to Manitoba?

Thank everyone.  Sorry for the lengthy post, wanted to get all the facts out.

Nalajr

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nala:
I too am starting to worry about a package I shipped via USPS.

I sold a riser to a member in Canada, Manitoba.  I packed it in a tube and the guy at the Post Office told me it HAD to go PRIORITY.  No problem I thought.  I asked for tracking and was told that no door-to-door tracking is available once it leave the USA.  Having no other options I agreed and sent it on.  That was the 23rd. of September.  I believe he told me 6-10 days.

Well as of Sunday, nothing had made it to him.  He said he usually gives a little extra time and not to worry yet.  I must say that he has MUCH more patience than I do.  I don't know what to think.  I'm waiting to hear back from him and see if it made it there Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.  If it isn't there yet I'm thinking I need to go to the Post Office with my receipt and have them tell me what the heck is going on.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also had to fill out a Customs Form to be included on the side of the tube in a plastic cover.  In fact I just got it out and it says on the TOP, RIGHT hand corner:

"UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE"
CUSTOMS DECLARATION AND DISPATCH NOTE - CP 72"

It has a long barcode on the LEFT, TOP side of the form.  That's what the guy at the window told me they could use to do a BASIC track on it, but not door to door like here.

So here I am with this guys money, holding it until he gets it and has 24-48 hours to inspect it and OK it and he hasn't even got a smell of it yet.  No matter what happens it makes me look bad, like I am not on the level and maybe trying to rip him off, which I would NEVER DO.  Something just makes me feel like this is going to end bad for me.  This is just my kinda luck.

Can anyone else give me an idea on how long it should take to send a 4 pound tube with a riser in it to Manitoba, through Customs and all?  It was sent from South West Florida which I know will add extra time.  Tomorrow, Thursday, will be starting the 14th day.

Any advice from you frequent shippers or those that are in Canada and can give an idea how much extra time you allow to be safe?

My last message to him was that I'll try and be calm until you tell me to get nervous.  He hasn't said anything like that yet.  I hope he doesn't.

Through all this he has been a trooper.  Not a questioning word or comment from him.  I've tried to re-assure him as best I know how that it's on the way, but I can see how that story might be running thin about now though.

Lets hope it arrives soon.

Any advice on what to expect when shipping to Manitoba?

Thank everyone.  Sorry for the lengthy post, wanted to get all the facts out.

Nalajr
I've sent a lot of stuff to Canada and I can tell you this it doesn't matter how you send it 90% of the time it will take at least 10 business days. I've paid $80+ 2 twice to over night stuff there and it still took 10 days, if you bitch to the USPS about it they will tell you they got it to the border the next day and then it's out of there hands..coming the other way you will get the same story. Anything under a couple ounces will get there faster sent normal 1st class than over night or express. You can blame customs on both sides of the fence. It wasn't always like this only since 9/11.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
I sent a bow to Canada.  The P.O. where I sent it from didn't have me fill out any customs forms or anything.  They insured it as if it was a US delivery.  It was mailed on Sep. 6. and finally delivered Oct.3. All you can do is wait sometimes.  I'm glad TDHunter was so patient.  All ended up good on both ends.  So be patient, once it's shipped all you can do is wait, and wait, and wait....

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
It's probably in customs.  I had a bow shipped from Canada one time and it took 3 weeks to get here.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline TDHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
I've probably bought a doz bows from TG members down in the US which shipped to me in Canada and everyone took over 10 days. It all depends how long it sits in Customs. I've had them go out the same day and I've had them sit for two weeks in customs. Everyone so far has made it to me damage free. USPS has told many senders that there's no tracking just a customs number:
eg.  cx 123 321 123 us   this number is trackable via usps and canada post. Not door to door but I know that it's over the boarder and in canada posts hands.
I bet your package will get there, it's just taking it's time.
Allan

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
we think the problem has been solved. I seems the post office printed the senders zip code to my address. Ohio is mine his is California. The sender has been a great help in tracking down and getting the problem solved.

Offline jefffunff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
guys, the answer is registered mail,the only way to ship something valuable like a bow
NRA Life Member

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Priority Mail, Insured, and delivery confirmation. that is the only way to go!! I sent a bow to Lamey in april non priority, and it was somewhere in space while in Georga for 10 days!!  All ended well, but I will only do PRIORITY MAIL now!!!

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Well the bow arrived today in perfect condition and is as the seller described like new. Thanks to Fling for all your time in tracking down and getting the bow sent in the right direction.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
Good to hear.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
First I want to apologize to the thread starter, I didn't mean to hijack HIS thread. I'm glad everything worked out for him.

As with my situation, thanks for the encouragement and info from everyone.  It made me feel a bit better about the situation.  I sent an email to the purchaser and asked that when he became concerned that there is a problem to let me know and I would try to get some info from my end.  Unfortunately I have heard nothing from him about him getting his riser.  This is getting just a tad bit irritating for me.  Sent out on the 23rd and still no arrival in Manitoba.  It could be there today, I don't know.  I don't know what to think about this.  Yesterday marked 10 BUSINESS DAYS since shipping.  Not counting the day I was at the P.O. and shipped it.
I sure hope it gets there without problems.  I want the buyer to get his stuff and be happy all the way around.  Pretty hard to see how he's happy after all this wait no matter how much he likes the riser.

Canada needs to do something about this.  If the buyer lived right on the border in North Dakota he would've had his riser in 3-4 days and I could track it right to his door.  No excuse for a modern, 1st world country like Canada to have this kinda shipping problem.  I could understand if there was an ocean between us or if it were Serbia, Bangladesh or Botswana, but it's CANADA for goodness sake.
I guess I'm just growing weary of this ridiculous delay in such a simple thing as shipping.

Nalajr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©