3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beginner's Mistake.  (Read 102 times)

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
Beginner's Mistake.
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
I was mad when I first missed a coyote that I shot at, but I'm just lucky that I didn't seriously damage my bow.

I'm still trying to get used to the dimensions of a traditional bow and how long they are and I wasn't paying attention while in the stand the other day to my clearance.

I was turned around sideways and aiming almost directly below me to shoot a coyote at about 7yrds but when I released my bow limb hit the hand rail of my lean-to stand and skipped off of it.

It threw my shot off pretty severely. I missed the coyote to the left by about 4 inches from the side of the darned varmint.

It left a few scuff marks on the bottom of the tip, but I'm just glad it didn't hit the face of the back of the limb and crack the glass.

(I don't know how to make it show up as a photo/box on this forum)

There is the video, but you can only hear the coyote & shot since the thing ran up from behind me out of shot. It's a pretty loud slap on the bow though.

Do most of you guys hunt from hang-on stands or lean-to ladders or what?  I think I may need to try and find a cheap hang-on stand for traditional bow hunting. obviously going to need more clearance. It's going to have to wait though.

Offline Trad-Man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beginner's Mistake.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
I use hang-ons...always have. Railings are for rifle hunters to rest their guns.  Even still you are going to find that close shots with trad equipment are sometimes impossible.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©