3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Very Special PA whitetail!! Picture added page 5" Another Harvest added Page 9"  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Well as many of you may know I had a horrific injury to my hand last December.  After four different surgeries to repair and rebuild most of the bones in my Index finger and pointer fingers on my shooting hand. Which included four plates in my hand between the knuckles and wrist. I have had quite the year of rehabilitation.
 I wasn't really sure if I would be hunting this year or not. A lot of ups and downs. But I was bound and determined to work the very hardest that I could to attain my goal.  
 My Surgeon gave me the go ahead to begin the long road of strengthening the third week of September. I started at home with bows made of PVC pipe 3/4" by 84" long. Not much weight at all but the fingers were very sore and weak. I worked very hard at Therapy and at home three to four times a day. I gradually cut the PVC pipe down to increase the weight.  
 In the mean time I contacted Ron and Gregg at Shrew bows back in July  and they made me a 62" Super Shrew Carbon 43Lbs. at 30 Inches( P.S. I had a standing Order)  My initial goal was to be able to hopefully shoot it by the rut in November.
 The first real bow I could shoot was 28# at my 30" draw and I could only muster up about 5-10 shots a day. The weakness in the fingers was more of an issue than the pain. So I gradually increased the weight and about two weeks ago I was able to shoot the Shrew for the first time. I was elated, but still not sure if I could have it tuned and hunt worthy by the first day. I never pressured myself but could start to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.
  Not being able to shoot for the last 10 months has really been depressing and I really appreciate all the Prayers and Concerns from every one.
  The first day was on Saturday October 1st  and I was getting  pretty confident in my set up. I was able to get it tuned in with some broadheads . I had a couple of thing to do on the first day with my daughter so I figure I would wait for Monday to hunt.
  On Sunday my daughter and I went out and put up a ladder stand. I put the ladder stand in a hedgerow between two fairly large corn fields. We put it up about 8 foot off the ground to be sure the shot angle would be good.
  I'll be back in a bit!!
 I
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Looking forward to this. I am glad that your hard work paid off.  :campfire:

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
great to hear that you are back in the game!!!

Online crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Can not wait to hear more

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
Good for you , we will be pulling for you during the season, best of wishes. Stuart

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Like we talked about .... I couldn't be any happier for you brother    :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Man....that's enough of a story right there.  Congrats on rehabing yourself to the point where you're shooting and hunting again.  Can't wait for the rest of this......
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Ed fantastic perseverance... It makes one appreciate what you have, health home family etc...

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is going to be awesome   :campfire:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Ed.l Looking forward to the rest of the story and photos.Quite the long road .

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats   :clapper:    I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Bill

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Didnt know about your hand big fella. Way to persevere.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
Ed you brought a bright smile to my face this morning. I am very happy for you. tom   :bigsmyl:
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
How cool is this?...Way!!!...I'm saying..

As someone else said.."This is enough of a story already!"

I thank God for your healing,attitude and tenacity.

I will be back for the "Paul Harvey" portion.

God bless,Mudd

PS: Thank you for sharing!
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh man, this morning is getting off to a good start. Might not need a cup of coffee..   :campfire:  

Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Good for you big man!!!  Can't wait for the rest.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Tater 2

• Trad Bowhunter
:campfire: .......   :coffee:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
PBS Associate
Colorado Bowhunters Association

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Alright Ed, two more paragraphs then we NEED pictures.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This has made my season Ed! I am so happy that you have been able to get to the point where you could hunt again, way to go my friend!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©