3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Very Special PA whitetail!! Picture added page 5" Another Harvest added Page 9"  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Happy for you, Ed!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Ed! Beautiful deer Congrats:)

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great job!  :clapper:

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Ed, I have hunted eastern PA, first place I actually hunted, and I know that is a monster for those parts congratulations. I had the pleasure of sitting with you at Shawn's bunny hunt last year and seeing your generosity to the kids. You gave just about everything you won, away to someones kids. She might take a while but Kharma has a way of coming around and I feel that deer is an end to a journey for you. A tough journey but one that will make you an even better person in the end. I was very sad to hear about your hand but somehow knew you would make it through. Keep that daughter close, they are the best therapy.
All the best, Razorback (Tony)
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
My daughter is my partner. If I am shooting she's shooting. She can't wait to hunt. She goes with me now and loves every minute of it. Hopefully I will see you again at the Bunny Hunt!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats all the way around! Very cool your daughter is your partner...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
:clapper:    Way to go!  Congrats on your great buck and tough recovery.  Coming back from an injury like that can't be easy.

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way to hang in there man ! It takes persistence and your middle name is just that !
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Ed,

That is a beautiful deer and an even more beautiful story of a man remaining true to his God and being rewarded for it. Many of us have been through difficult experiences, and seeing how you have handled yours with the help of God, your family and your friends should serve as a great inspiration for all of us.

Glad you are back in action and enjoying shooting and hunting.

Take care,

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job on a great buck. Thanks for posting your story and the tough journey you had to make. I cannot imagine not shooting for 10 months, I am at 3 weeks now not shooting after my surgery and it is killing me that i have to wait another week to try. Glad to see everything is getting better for you. Enjoy your fantastic moment of hard work and determination.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got a call from Big Ed....To Quote..."I think I'm really starting to like this lightweight stuff"...he's got another story to tell    :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Just in from another wonderful evening in the woods. Decided about four o'clock this afternoon to sit the same stand I harvested my buck from last Monday. A bit warm here but due to the incoming weather I decided to give it a shot.
 Got settled in about quarter after four , tightened in my safety harness and dozed off. There is nothing more relaxing than nice breeze sitting in the woods. I was quite the bobble head this evening.
 Not a whole lot going on as far as critters moving. I did have a red squirrel yell at me. I must have been snoring.LOL
  At about twenty five minutes after five I caught movement coming down the hedgerow from my right side behind me. I stood up grabbed my Shrew bow from it's perch. The deer was about twenty five yards down the hedgerow and just poking along feeding. I got myself turned and waited for the deer to clear the trees behind me. Which seemed like an eternity!. As her nose poked out from behind the tree I slowly raised my bow and put some tension on the string . As she cleared the last couple of little vines from the canopy I was in everything seemed to be in slow motion....

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
:readit:  

This is too awesome Ed. Words cannot explain.

All this and our season isn't even open yet.

Congrats Ed, you deserve it in a Big Way..
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry fell asleep. Any way all seemed to be in slow motion as I came to full draw. Before I knew it the arrow was gone. She gave a little donkey kick leaped forward and went back to eating. I could see my hit was near perfect and with in seconds she was down.
 I sat there in disbelief shaking uncontrollably. While sitting there I realized what this all means to me. I said a Prayer for all the Men and Women of the Armed Services.
 The doe weighed in at Ninety seven pounds.
  I am so very grateful to you all for your support.
 Thanks Big Ed

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Big Ed:
The true moral of the story is through patience and hard work all can be overcome. Thank you all for sharing,
 Big Ed.
Big Guy - Truer words were never spoken!  And Thank YOU for sharing with us.    :thumbsup:  

Great buck......and now a doe......you better rest up a spell and save some of those PA deer for some other folks!    :clapper:    :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Ed!!!!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  One of the best stories I've read here........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
Another well deserved trophy!  :thumbsup:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
It's ok, Ed...shoot em all. I'll send you MY tags!  :)  :)

That is soooo neat! 2 deer, same stand, took a snooze... and not long ago, you had to switch surgeons and start over, you thought you were a lost pup for a spell...and look at you!?!

Incredible!

When you get big and strong again, you can send this wiry arthritic ole man your light Shrew to shoot. Maybe I can kill sumpin!   :laughing:  

Congrats! AGain! EXCELLENT!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Dave, It is yours when you need it! Give me another month or two at least. Ed

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©