3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Very Special PA whitetail!! Picture added page 5" Another Harvest added Page 9"  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for the delay my daughter would not fall asleep so I had to lay down with her and ended up staying there all night.
    I positioned the stand in the hedgerow to also keep my shots close. I had about a maximum shot of ten yards in any given direction.
  Sunday night was like Christmas eve for a five year old. A very restless night to say the least. I could not hunt Monday morning due to having to go to Physical Therapy. After therapy I went home and shot a couple arrows, ate lunch and headed for the stand.
 While walking into the stand I noticed a couple fresh rubs and a decent sized scape that was not there the day before. Man was I pumped. As I made it into the stand things just felt right. I know you all can relate.
 My first encounter was with one of my favorite critters a Chickadee he hung out for a while and greeted me. A few hours passed with no deer sightings but believe me I was plenty entertained.
  At about quarter after five I caught movement coming down the field edge. This deer was within about 25 yards before I could even see it . It was kind of odd the deer came from the direction I walked in. The wind was on its back side. The deer stood there for a couple minutes feeding. I still could not determine what it was buck or doe. It seemed like an eternity before it made a move. By this time I was up and ready for a shot if it presented itself.  I was shaking as if were the first time with a deer in front of me. I caught a glimpse of some horn and told myself if it was a legal buck I would try to take him. He made his way to me and stopped at about six yards to munch on some grass. I took a deep breath drew and made one of the best shoots of my life. Funny thing was it was the first time I didn't even notice my fingers.
 I had to sit down. I was shaking so bad it felt like I was having the big one. I was flooded with many different emotions Tears filled my eyes. I had did it .
  The shot was perfect and a pass through. The buck donkey kicked shuffled an bound about 30 yards before expiring.
 As he lay there I couldn't help but think of the many people I want to thank for there help. I said a Prayer and gave thanks for all. I remained in the stand for about an hour taking it all in.
 I have to take my daughter to school, I'll be back!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congrats!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations! Now for the pictures?
Jack Shanks

Offline Colotrad

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice job Ed.
TGMM Family of the Bow
60" Griffin T/D
56" Shrew C/H T/D
58" Shrew C/H T/D
62” Javaman Assyrian T/D

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ed,

This Joys me to no end.  I am very happy for you, couldnt happen to a better guy.

Thank you for sharing, Congratulations and This is Awesome!!!!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
GOOD  JOB   PRAYERS  awlays help    
   Glad you made it back . Hope you have more luck in the future .
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
inspiring Ed. So happy for you.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
A great story to start the morning off with...congratulations!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
This made my week! Congrats my friend!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice Story Ed, glad you are back.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
COngrats on your recovery!

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
While still in the stand I called my wife to bring my daughter over and help with the "Tracking" and getting the deer out. Both my wife and daughter were elated to come over and help.
 I showed my daughter who is six where the buck was standing when I shot and she said" Daddy I could have shot this one" . My wife just grinned. They did the short tracking job like pro's. We loaded it up on the Deer cart and headed for the truck. As I followed my wife and daughter pulling the cart all I could do is smile. I had accomplished my goal and was sharing the harvest with the two most important people in my life.
 The true moral of the story is through patience and hard work all can be overcome. Thank you all for sharing,
 Big Ed.

I will try to get some pictures downloaded later
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline jomama

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Big Ed.

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Ed. Very happy for you. Glad you could start hunting again. I hurt my back last year and during the middle of my hunt I literally could not walk out of camp because my left leg just wouldn't work. Normally I am in the best shape of anyone I hunt with. Not being able to hunt really had me down. Missed helping my nephew and brother in law pack out their largest bucks ever. Now I am doing great and really appreciate my health. So glad you could get back to what you like to do. The struggles we have do help us grow but are not fun while we are going through it.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Bob Palmer

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome!  :clapper:
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."
- Anonymous

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Ed!!! A very inspiring story!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Ed!  

I know it's been a tough 7-8 months for you.  You did a pretty good job on that hand of your's and most times I saw you the hand was so swelled up it looked like you had a baseball mitt on!  We won't even talk about the gapping hole between your fingers!   :scared:  

I'm proud of you brother, between the physical pain and the mental hurtles...you've come along way.   :clapper:

Tim

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Ed,  And sharing it with your wife and daughter just made that more special.

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats on a nice deer and recovery! I know you still have a little ways to go. I've been there also and your right "patience and hard work Will overcome anything."
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©