3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Check them GT knocks......!  (Read 358 times)

Offline Michael Golden

• Trad Bowhunter
Check them GT knocks......!
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
I was just out shooting when two simultaneous knocks broke on my gold tip traditionals. I pulled the arrows out from the target and discovered that both knocks were missing. So I came inside and relized that they had broke off inside the shaft of the arrow. I pulled the remainder of the knock out of both arrows and they broke at almost the identical angle. Just thought I would throw this out there and maybe save some one a dry fire or worse.

Mike

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Check them GT knocks......!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
Knocks? Who's there? Seems those GT nocks have a reputation for being finicky for some guys. Glad you and your equipment wasn't hurt.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
There have been a few threads on the very subject Mike.I don't check them.I chuck them.I replace them with Bohning Signature nocks.Gold Tip says they are working on it and it has only happened to i out of 1000.I had 4 out of 12 blow up,causing dry fires.I like the shafts though.

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
i have had 4 break on me in 3 weeks. i switched to signature nocks. so far no problems

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
An earlier thread produced a promise to replace. Look it up for address and such
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline AdAstraAiroh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
I sent in a group of 18 defective GT nocks for replacement under GT's new recall directives.  It has been just over three weeks and I have yet to receive them.

The representative said that they did have a "materials issue" and if they were going to break, it usually happens when they are first used, and that they tend to shear off at the point of insertion.

Both Easton Supernocks and Bohning Signature nocks fit well in my 55/75 shafts.

Mark

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
The see through ones have broken on me on the shot so I don't use them.  The white ones have been ok that way, but I break them off like you did all the time when they hit something hard or hit the nock with an arrow.  I would rather they break like that than break an ear off on the shot.  I have broken about 8 out of 12 of this dozen white nocks that came with the shafts.  I like the way they fit one bow so I use them for that bow.  Most time I replace them with Easton Super nocks; They are indestructible other than splitting like opening a book with a robin hood, but I have never fully split one in two pieces or broken off an ear.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
Check the previous threads- a bunch of us had problems.  Go Signature/bohning
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Shot 3 dozen gt's over the past couple years not a problem one. Made up a set of hunting arrows for deer this season, put broadheads on six, been practicing with the other six. Two nocks broke adjusting the cock vane angle on the string, another broke during the shot in my fingers before release. I thought something was up!!   :dunno:  . Gonna change all the nocks asap after reading this !!  :eek:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Shot em for years without a problem, but, decided to switch to adapters with Mercury nocks, mainly because I like a bigger nock with an index/indicator I can actually feel. Well, I didn't swap all of em out and one broke resulting in a dry fire with my Wes Wallace Royal 50#, and now it has a crack right across the riser by the shelf.  :banghead:
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
I've had them break off like you describe upon impacting something but never a split at the shot.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I had one break, causing a dry fire, which in turn cost me a Lost Creek recurve. Trouble is, I don't know if I can blame the nock. I think it was one I filed/sanded out to fit the serving. I may have left a scuare corner at the bottom of the valley. Sure hurt my feelings.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
GT will replace all of your nocks free of charge. They will even send you a prepaid box to ship them back in. Took about 2-3 weeks to get mine back. I only had one or two GT nocks to break on me in a couple of years, but sent them back anyways.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
I sent them an e-mail several weeks ago and did not get a reply. I have had a dozen or two break, mostly white ones but a couple green ones broke too.

Disappointing

Offline Dave1437

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
If you don`t mind my asking, were they clear colored nocks or were they a solid color? I`ve kind of kept track of them and it seems like the clear colored ones have the biggest problem. Thanks,  Dave

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
I shot them for quiet awhile, no problems. But recently switched to cx, don't know what's  going on.   :confused:    :dunno:    Are these the new gt knocks or the older ones? Just curious.  God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Thanks Mike. I just got a doz. in the mail and will start checking them.
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
The bad batch was a little over a year ago, email them and the tech guy will take care of it he will email you back. He told me it would happen in the first few shots if they were bad. Stuff happens, too bad though.

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Never had I had one break but the v groove is so large that they rarely stay on my string.. I always buy new ones with my GT arrows.
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline grayfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
gt replaced my bad nocks, they were very helpful

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©