3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Check them GT knocks......!  (Read 357 times)

Offline Onehair

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Check them GT knocks......!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
I had mine replaced and have had no dry fire on the new ones but have easily broken a dozen when I hit a hard spot in my target. I will be changing as it's to much of a hassle. They have great customer service but a crappy product. I am sure they are Chinese.

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
I've had it happen, several years ago though (solid yellow).  Seems to be a long standing problem.

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »
I was told by GOLD TIP they had a "bad batch" and they will replace them.  As for me, I did request replacement, they paid all shipping costs, and my nocks arrived in a timely manner.

Saying that, if someone doesn't want to use their GT nocks, I'm looking for WHITE ones.  I'll swap you, one-for-one, with my Easton Super Uni-nocks (which I no longer use).  (I have white, orange and yellow uni-nocks to pick from.)

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
I hate to rag on GT because I love their shafts BUT I sent in my 2 doz old nocks and received 3 doz new (fixed) nocks. The first time out I had 2 break off at the end of the shaft... Junked all of them and replace with Bohning Sig nocks and they are working perfectly..Don't know what their prob is but there is surely is a problem..
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
I know they're trying, I talked to there rep and he was surely concerned and hoping that they had the prob worked out. Apparently not.??
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago still no knocks.I have been shooting there shafts for years.things need to change.dont need to blow up my silver tip over this crap

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
I am sickened by this thought, and blame myself for paying no attention to the past threads.  In better words, I should have inspected my equipment.  

My friend and I had been hunting a deer we called Mr. T.  He was a very nice tall 8pt that was very old.  He started showing up on the dps every other day for four days within 5 min of each visit.  

He called said come down for the last weekend and if the wind is right you should get a shot.  I hunted morning, then afternoon with nothing. The second afternoon T showed up standing at 15yds for 20 minutes facing me.  I had to hold everything I had back to not put the 300gr whitetail between his shoulders, but knew this was not a high precentage shot.  

he finally turns broadside.  I draw my super tough black widow focused spot and released.  I have never been so sure of a kill. I was stunned with a loud snap and could see my blue fletchings moving parrrallel in the air out through the woods.

I assumed that I had hit a limb.  I found my arrow with no knock in the back so figured I had hit something solid.  I got back to camp and was dejected by what I thought was a bad shot.  I tried to put another knock in and it wouldn't go.  I retrieved the other piece of my broken knock that had split upon release all the way across basically dry firing my bow.

Lesson learned.  I had one other day to hunt.  T came back, he looked right at me.  One thing for sure.  I had a bohning knock ready for him.

Maybe next year.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©