3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buying bows on Trad Gang  (Read 597 times)

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
Buying bows on Trad Gang
« on: October 06, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to Monkeyball (Craig) for such a smooth transaction with a Bear Kmag I just got from him.  Everything went just the way it should.  Terry, Rob and moderators I know you no longer administer the listings, but I just want to say thanks for the valuable service in the past and continued presence of the used bow listings.  I've gotten 3 used bow heres at Trad Gang and they've all been just as advertised or better.  

Trad Gang rocks!

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buying bows on Trad Gang
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
I have had several transactions on Tradgang, both buying and selling, and all went smoothly. Great bunch of folks here.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
I'd like to jump in on this one too dirtguy, and say thanks to Terry, Rob, & mods.

I have bought and sold my share on the TG classifieds, and most recently falling into some trying times have had to sell more than I wanted to. I am grateful for having the outlet and being able to have TG help out my situation.

TG Classifieds, to me, are one of the safest places to buy & sell on the web. There really are a LOT of good people there (here).

I have no problems with people asking me for references, and don't have one asking if I feel even a little bit concerned with a possible deal, but for the most part, you can just search the user a little to set your mind at ease.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
I've sold two bows on Trad Gang. All went well for both me and my buyers.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
I have bought and sold hundreds of bows. I only do so on Tradgang now. I have sent very expensive bows all over the country to Tradgang members to try before they buy. No deposit, just on their word. I haven't been burned and only had great exepriences here, in addition to making new friends.

I haven't ever made a penny on a bow. I just like to try different bows and move them on for someone else to try. In doing so I found the perfect bow for me, but you never know there could be another one right around the corner. It is all fun and good.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
I have done business with Craig. I have no issues recommebnding people to buy bows form him. They are exactly as he says they are.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Jeffh67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Craig is one of the good guys for sure!  They have a list of the people not to do business with, but it would be nice to have a good guys list.  Guess that would be a long list...
"What will be, will be"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
I have bought from Craig.....good guy to deal with. I have bought and sold more than my share of bows on this site and have nothing to say but good things about the sellers and buyers here. We are indeed lucky to have such folks to deal with!!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
I have bought at least a dozen from as many Tradgang members and never had any bad experiences.

Now if I could learn to sell a few!

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
I have bought from alot of Tradgangers and have yet to recieve any of my goods!!!

hee hee,,, all  good experiences from me on both ends of the fence,,, now someone buy those sexy swiss camo pants I posted 8^)
"Us vs Them"

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
No problems here, about a dozen purchases and sales on Trag-gang. The one misunderstanding / delay (his wife was involved, lack of communication, bow didn't get sent), and guy sent sent me a HELLE knife with the bow to smooth things over, to make up for the wait. Thanks again John Corlew, you are a Stand up guy, a straight shooter!
Yes, Trad-gang is a nice place to visit and buy / sell / swap, with like minded, ethical, old-fashioned individuals.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from the classifieds here.   :thumbsup:  
Only problem I've encountered is bringing myself to list one for sale, just can't seem to do it.   :banghead:
Someday soon I have to start, now have over 60 bows. And most I'll probably never shoot again.   :dunno:

Online Timbuck2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
I've sold and purchased bows here and everything went smooth.   :thumbsup:

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
not one problem!!! all have been great.

Offline Huntinfool7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Timbuck2:
I've sold and purchased bows here and everything went smooth.    :thumbsup:  
+1

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does The
Fire Burn Brightly
I Love the Magical Flight of the Feathered Shaft!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romans 8:28

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
I too have had nothing but positive experiences. It was here that I was able to put together an ILF riser and limbs that fit me very well.

Bawana bowman how did you get 60 bows past your wife and how do you store them?

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Just proud of the Trad Members, and not surprising, holding the line of integrity.

Believe it to be beneficial to have a section designated for references.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
I too, would like to thank Terry, Rob and all the mods for their unselfish work. I know buying and selling is not the purpose of this site, however, I have discoved it is a wonderful service that makes trying different types of traditional archery equipment easier. I think the dedication needed for traditional archery weeds out most of the squirrels.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
Terry and the mods did a great gob setting down the rules / standards we are benefiting from. We need to keep it going.

Offline JDunlap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I sold one bow and bought and sold several items. all good transactions!
Sandy Biles Scorpion TD RC; 54@28
RER XR Static Tip RC; 50@28
JC Optimus riser/Uukha EX1EVO2 [email protected]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©