3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buying bows on Trad Gang  (Read 595 times)

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buying bows on Trad Gang
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
I also have had nothing but great experiences.  Most recently I traded Bows with GRINCH, and it was a wonderful experience.  

Not only did I end up with a great bow that helped me in my recovery from a surgery, but Larry also surprised me with an awesome knife, as a gift!!!!!  That shows you what type of guy Larry is...A+++++++

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
Stujay,
She knows I've got more than a few bows. Just doesn't know how many more.
Recently turned my home office in to a trophy/exercise room, she suggested I hang some of my bows on the walls. So.... I made some new racks and hung 20 horizontally. She left the walls behind exercise equipment bare and said perhaps you should hang some bows vertically, I've made some racks to hang 20 vertically...... but think I'll only hang 10. (Think she's starting to get curious.)
I keep the majority in a climate controlled storage facility along with other "stuff". She goes there quite often but never goes through any of my things. I change bows out so often she never notices whether there are any new ones or not!   :thumbsup:  
You can store a lot of bows in the boxes that commercial weedeaters, edgers, and hedge trimmers come in. Owning a landscape and grounds maintenance business also helps prevent her curiosity as to the contents of the boxes.
Also have to admit I had 37 bows before we were married. She knows I'm obsessed.

Offline David Dumke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by bawana bowman:
I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from the classifieds here.    :bigsmyl:    

Seriously though, that's a heck of a lot of bows.
Hoyt Game Master TD Recurve- 48#'s @ 28"

Checkmate Hunter TD Recurve- 59#'s @ 28"

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Never any problems for me buying or selling here. Deal with confidence.
John

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
Nothing but positive experiences,I have bought and sold alot of bows,never a bad transaction.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Thebear_78

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 01:53:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I need an intervention.  My bow buying and selling is getting to her.    Most common comment  "How many bows do you need!!"

I tried telling her I settled for only one woman so leave me alone on the bows.   Didn't go over too well.....

I have had excellent experiences with bow purchase and sale on the trad gan forums.

Offline SlowArrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by Thebear_78:
I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I need an intervention.  My bow buying and selling is getting to her.    Most common comment  "How many bows do you need!!"

I tried telling her I settled for only one woman so leave me alone on the bows.   Didn't go over too well.....

I have had excellent experiences with bow purchase and sale on the trad gan forums.
I read this post to my wife.  She was sure I wrote it until I showed her the screen and made her read it for herself. It sounds exactly like a conversation she and I have had several times before. Now she is thinking of joining Trad Gang to start a wives support group........
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

TGMM Family of the Bow

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
Sounds like a great idea,there will be more bows for sale than ever.  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 06:21:00 AM »
Hey Bawana - Don't you know that it makes a bow feel bad to not be used?  Send me a couple and I'll give 'em some exercise for you !!     :bigsmyl:

Offline sj_lutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
I've both bought and sold bows here without even a sniff of a problem.....credit to both the mods / admins, and the membership.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
No troubles here, done a bunch a deals on bows I never would have had a chance to try otherwise. Only negative I have had was slow shipping from a fellow, but he came through... made some really good friends on here... A blessing !!

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Troy spear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
There is a lot of great folks here. I have never been burnt on this site.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
I have to say I've probably been extremely lucky as it's been many years since I've been burned with internet sales or purchases. It's always in the back of my mind when using the auction site, though. This bunch of guys isso willing to help and so honest to deal with that it's sort of like our own little private club where everybody trusts everybody. Nice!
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Have bought/sold over 20 bows here on TradGang and no serious issues.  Had one that arrived very poorly packaged, but got lucky with only one small ding.  This is the only site I buy/sell bows on now!

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
Nothing but good deals for me.

Offline WDELongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I can't say enough about the quality of the community here.  Have had multiple transactions with members, and not one problem.  There are a lot of class people out there.  And think of the fee's saved vs. the auction site.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
I too have both bought and sold here with no problems. Great folks all around with trad gang.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
great people great web site.I feel looked after an safe dealing here.I have been shooting trad since 2006 I have met some of my closest friends at trad events an such.

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
we're quite glad to provide the classifieds, i know i've partaken of them more than a few times and bought/sold some fine bows and other tackle.

but please do be careful making deals.  in the last few weeks i've had more than a few potential members wanting to join solely to use the classifieds.  they have been refused registration as the classifieds are not at the core focus of trad gang.    

this cyber community is quite large, and the bigger it gets (new members joining every day of the week) the more it becomes like a reflection of life in the real world.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
I bought my Bob Lee on here.  Like mentioned above the seller offered for me to use the bow (free of charge) before buying.  I didn't take him up on his offer, but thought it was incredibly generous and trusting.  It goes to show the kind of people on this site.  I sold one bow here last year.

I'll continue to buy and sell on TG.  Probably not a better place for used traditional archery equipment anywhere on the web.
>>>--------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©