3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TX hunters check in.......  (Read 2482 times)

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TX hunters check in.......
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Hunted at my lease in Coldspring.Had a little 6-point walk by at 10 yards,just let him go.Way better deer in those woods.Trail pics starting to show more bucks than does.Have multiple pics of two 10s and a funky horned 8 at the very stand I was in today.I will be back there tomorrow.It was cooler this mourning,felt good too and it was really still for once.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
Hunted north of Florence this morning. 50 degrees as the moonlight was overpowered by the rising sun.  At 7:15 two does came from my 7 o'clock position.  The older doe was showing the effects of the drought....pretty guant.  The younger one looked to have more meat on her so I decided to take her if they'd just quit boring holes through me as they fed.  When I felt it safe to draw I raised my bow the last 3 inches and I swear it took me 3 minutes to draw to anchor as they were at 11 yards and I was in a 6' tripod backed into some cedars.  At release the string caught on those little rubber dots on one of the fingers of my glove that I was wearing under my tab....the shot went high/back.  

After 1/2 an hour went to get my buddy and drove to town to have some coffee before trailing her.  When we got back we couldn't find any blood, but I saw the trail they took out on.  After 40 yards I found my arrow....small amount of blood, lots of meat.  Shot her right through the tenderloin.  We couldn't find any blood on the ground after a large grid search so we tracked their running hoof prints for over 1/2 mile before losing them.  

I know this one's going to make it, but it doesn't take the sight of a bad shot out of your head.  First thing I did when I got home was cut those 3 fingers out of that glove.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Rob -
Know how you feel about getting off a bad shot. Takes awhile to get the taste out of your mouth and the memory out of your head.

I spent my first weekend hunting in SE Oklahoma. Lots of public land there. Some pressure but usually never see another hunter except in the designated camp area. Sat the first afternoon and evening near the only water hole within a mile. There were lots of tracks, deer, turkey and hogs. Not one was thirsty before dark. Rained pitch forks that night and most of the morning. Managed to get in and set up  one of what I call a throw away ladder stand. If someone needs it more than I, they are welcome to it. It's located about 15 yards on the south side of a well used east west game trail. It also sits 10 yards from a well rooted out mud hole and bedding area. Only problem now is I'll have to wait a couple weeks before I can get back and see what comes by.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2011, 04:30:00 AM »
I knew you were up in Ok. while we were enjoying our first rain since April Danny.  I wish you the best of luck when you return.  Weather sure is getting nice....don't you just want to leave right now?...lol.
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
I'll be back up in SHNF Nov 4,5 & 6.. I'll be hunting the archery only zone, hoping the gun hunters push deer to Me.

Online jrbb00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Hunting around hallettsville has been slow. But last nite I finals connected with a nine pointer. First trad buck heck first trad kill for me ever.  Wish I could add a pic but have not figured out how yet.

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Congrats John!

Online jrbb00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Hunting around hallettsville has been slow. But last nite I finals connected with a nine pointer. First trad buck heck first trad kill for me ever.  Wish I could add a pic but have not figured out how yet.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
4 pigs and 1 coon later, the weekend ends. I'll post up some pics in different thread later.

The deer movement was pretty slow, though. The bucks I saw looked like the drought has had some effect on the antler growth.

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Do tell.....
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
What's up this week guys?

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
Leaving after lunch tomorrow....staying til Tuesday afternoon.  I'm hoping this moon thing will work out. Also supposed to be another cool front blowing in Tuesday night or Wednesday. I'm working on getting both my does this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Hoping to get back to the lease this weekend.I know the bucks are starting to heat up.Have been super busy with work and I knew it was going to be this way.It does the same thing every year just creeping along all summer with hardly any work.Come fall bidding on jobs and they all come at once right when the hunting is at its best around here.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »
Well keep us posted.

Online jrbb00

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Good luck to all I will try again Sunday morning. If I learn to post pics I will.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
One doe down and three barn coons. I think the coon hunting was more fun than the deer hunting.

Deer movement was mediocre, but I saw a few pigs and about 10 toms....none within range.

Offline GANDGOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Going to ILL. on Sun. LOOKing for MR. BIG BOY.
 Got a LARGE area to hunt. Soy beans etc.. MY PULSE IS RACING:)))  BWAA HAA HAAA!!  :pray:
3 pc. Morrison Shawnee 60" 51#
3 pc. Shafer Silvertip 62" 48#
1 pc. Sandy Biles Super Xt 47#
3 pc. A&H ACS 62" 48#
3 pc. Das Dalaa 60" 48#

For GOD so Loved the world. He GAVE His Only Son...John 3:16.

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Headed out tomorrow at noon to intercept the cold front....

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
Headed out tomorrow night for hunt, Thursday thru Saturday evening.  Thank goodness I only have to drive 1.5 hours to lease.

Offline wscruggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
I saw a buck chaseing a doe yesterday down in Overton had to come down for work and saw another buck crussing down a creek So there on the move

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©