3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cant deal with my lack of hunting time!  (Read 736 times)

Offline NYStickhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cant deal with my lack of hunting time!
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
I know this post comes late but so far the last 3 trips I had planned to scout/stump/hunt have had family and/or work interfere. I just figure it will make me enjoy my time in the woods all the more when I finally do get out. I Still sometimes miss my younger days though when there were less responsibilities.

But, it feels good to have a family that needs me and a job that allows me to afford my lifestyle.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
I get plenty of vac time but I'm on call 24-7-365 and when the snow starts I'm married to my job. I go when I can and shoot what is presented to me. Almost all of us have family obligations not to mention every thing else that gets in the way. All I can say is treasure the days you get to go and don't sweat the ones you don't, no sense in worrying about the things you have no control over.
Matthew 6:34 says it all.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Buffalo Two Fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Jon,
I've been down that road once or twice before. You are not alone in your thoughts or situation.
I am in my mid 50s and lost my job of 34 years. After a long search I found a new job that does not allow me much extra time to hunt anymore. The new job does not pay much so I had to take on extra side jobs, plus I have Family commitments that seem to eat up the rest of my time. I spent this past week looking forward to getting out hunting today and came down sick. I have also lost access to much of my previous hunting grounds. I am not looking for sympathy just letting you know that others go through it also. Some folks have plenty of time while others do not. It is just the way it is. One thing that I have attempted to do is take advantage of the long small game season so I at least get out in the woods more. I know it ain't the same as hunting deer but it is something. Best of luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©