3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eco-dip carbon shafts?  (Read 135 times)

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
Eco-dip carbon shafts?
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
Ive got some cheap goldtip trophy 400 arrows. They fly great, do what I want, but are noisy when drawn back on the bow. They are dull non coated shafts. Most of todays carbons have a slick coating that eliminates this issue. Got to thinking, wonder what would happen if I eco-dipped them?
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eco-dip carbon shafts?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
I dont know much about dipping but I bought some cheap carbons at cabelas, used steel wool to scuff them up a bit andsprayed them with rust oleum ultra cover spray paint. Let them dry for a good 24 hours and crest them with sharpie markers they hold up real well and fletch tape or duco works really well to fletch them up with.
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
For a couple years, I would dip my carbons in Gasket lacquer! KK sold then some neopreme "plugs" to put inside the ends to keep the goop on the outside in the dip process.

made them pull from 3d's much easier. Kept from getting that black mess all over too.  Dunno if it sped them up off the shelf or not...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
Well I lightly sanded 3 of them, pulled the knock and put a small field point on the front. I dipped em point first and ran them thru the gasket lacquer. Seems to have worked well, wont know till I fletch em up.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©