3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Mountian Gear.....new TG sponsor  (Read 1087 times)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Mountian Gear.....new TG sponsor
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
Yes, The mountain mimicry works great and in all kinds of terrain. I had the chance last year to hunt and see this camo in person. Mark is right it has a strecthiness to it that makes it so comfortable and it is very soft to the touch making it very quiet also.

I like the Predator camo too but after watching Pete and Curt stalking antelope last year on the Montana plains from dirt fields to sage flats the mountain mimicry worked excellent and blended in with it all.

As Curt said, In the woods you would have to wait for Pete to move sometimes just to know where he was. Awsome clothing and I can't wait to try it.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Peter,

Any word on a dealer or dealers North of the border. I emailed Sitka last year and they said no Canadians dealers at that point?

Does any of your delears have plans for attending Denton Hill?
hunt it

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
I will check on Canadien dealers for you. As far as Denton Hill goes? Yes, I am working on having a booth set up and manned by one of our Pro staffers. I'll try and keep you posted. Please bear with us. Sitka is really only in our second year and we have literally exploded in popularity. I really believe it is due entirely to the high quality of the product. As we grow so too will our visibility and dealership coverage. I think this is just the "tip" of the iceberg for Sitka. Look for great things from Sitka!!

Thanks, Peter

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
i must take back what i said about the customer service! Peter has taken care of that. hat's off to you sir and the Sitka Gear product line.   :thumbsup:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
Peter, give me a call bud......

I will add that I'm honored to be a part of the "Traditional Pro Staff" that Peter is heading up. If there's any way I can help someone, don't hesitate to ask......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline DMM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »
I got an email last night that my Sitka Gear is in transit.  Now I keep looking for the Fedex truck.

Derek
"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me."
Genesis 27:3

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
I love it when Mark Baker talks about expanding waistlines

:bigsmyl:
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
:clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
Biggie,

Are you sure 4XL will fit you? I have been working on your new 07' Pete Iacavazzi wrestling/lifting/running/fitness regimin! Uncle Barry just laughs when I tell him I'm gonna whip ya into shape...He says that at your current size there is just that much more of ya to luv!

Offline Dakota Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Peter, I have a question for you that I think more than a few of us would like to know.  Lets say you couldn't afford to buy the whole system, which I might add looks great.  Which two or three items are must haves to start your Sitka system collection?

Inquiring minds would like to know?

Thanks
Dakota Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Thats a great question and one I've been asked frequently. Based on my own personal experience I would say first and foremost the Mountain Pant is a must. Secondly the 90% jacket and for me the Mountain shirt. These 3 items are outstanding.

Understand that the Sitka system really is just that, a complete system designed to keep you dry, and warm without the weight of heavier clothing. With that said you need to decide what type of hunting you'll be doing. Lets say you primarily hunt November tree stands. If thats the case than you'd want to go with the 90% pants and Jacket. Especially in ND!

But if you're more of a spot and stalk September elk and deer hunter than the Mountain pant and Mountain shirt would be perfect. Also consider this. The Sitka clothing that is next to your skin IE: Summit shirt and bottoms, Zip T, etc, all contain ATB-100 silver. I don't want to bash scent blocking type clothing but if you knew the truth you'd be more apt to wear silver impregnated clothing.

So if your wearing a scent blocker type liner you may want to consider going with a silver impregnated lining system instead. But again its a matter of preference and I don't want to trash scent blocking clothing (especially when so many swear by it). But I will just say I don't wear it and I do wear ATB-100 silver lined clothing.

All in all most people eventually buy the whole system. But I understand that for many thats a big chunk of change to lay down at one time. I would strongly suggest that you look into the 90% jacket, Mountain Pants, and Mountain shirt. Than as time goes by you can add a piece here and there.

The Sitka gear products are really that good. I think as you begin to wear them you'll appreciate all that has gone into thier design and function. Jason and Jonathan (the owners and founders) are both hard core, good solid guys who both are avid Traditional bowhunters. They truly understand the demands we as hunters place upon our gear.

In a world where often you get what you pay for I'm certain you'll agree that Sitka is worth the
price.

Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if I can be of any assistance. Good luck!

Peter

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
TTT so more folks can read Pete's last post......
Curt } >>--->   

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Thanks Guruuuuuuuuuu

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Tippit,
 I have spoke to the company in depth and will have the Sitka rain gear SOON so when I film for you you will not be giving me the evil eye like I was giving you when you filmed my bear kill 2 weeks ago :-)
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
I would like to hear from some of the people out there who have used this stuff. I am mainly interested in stand and still hunting in the cold. Let me know what you think compared to other materials you have used.

Thanks,
Scott
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
Scott,

I have used the Sitka Gear for 2 seasons now. The clothing is excellent! New for this season 07' is the 90% pant. It is perfect for stand hunting on cold days. In comparison to heavy wool pants the Sitka 90% pants easily outperforms. It is highly wind resistant and water resistant. It has a microfleece liner which allows it to be worn next to the skin. When combined with the Timberline expedition bottoms (which contains the ATB-100 Silver impregnated fabric)this 2 part system is highly functional, comfortable and above all very warm even when remaining still for extended periods of time during freezing temps. The 2 way stretch fabric allows fro freedom of movement which actually makes the pants "safer" for climbing up and down the tree. While the 90% pant provides the warmth and comfort of a much heavier wool and/or synthetic pant it's lack of bulk and freedom of movement makes it a better fit for manuvering in a tight tree. Combined with the 90% jacket and you have a lighter, more comfortable clothing system that still maintains optimal warmth.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch. I assure you it is not. The Sitka Gear clothing system is by far the most advanced most technilogically inspired hunting clothing today. I have spent two years putting this clothing to the test. And believe me Motana is one heck of a testing ground!Sitka Gear clothing continues to impress me and my many friends who are now wearing the clothing.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will glaldy answer any additional questions you may have.

Good luck, Peter

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
My wallet just started twitching!!!   :D  
"Down Boy, Down!"

I may be glad I've held off on the high-end wool and continued to "get-by" on the old stand-by's the last few years.  My interest is piqued.  Better stop by and have another look at this stuff one of these days.  

Hey Pete...aint we about the same size.     ;)

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
I wore a pair of the mountaim pants last fall/winter. I used them on an elk hunt in CO. and around OK hunting whitetails.They got a good workout,(many days).I was impressed.Only complaint was while walking through briars they snag and the thread pulls out of the fabric.I love the stretch and how fast it dries out.I plan on getting more of it after I used it.

Offline Krems

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
Peter,
I was dissapointed in the Down pour rain gear when I tried it on at Big Sky Archery. The pants are too short in length and the sleeve length on the jacket was way too short for me as well. ( I wear a 34/34 pant typically, and a large jacket) Even the XL size down pour jacket wasn't long enough in the sleeve length for me.  The cut is definately fuller around the mid section. The 90% jacket fit great because of the mountaineering cut. The basic rain gear cut didn't work for me. Hopefully Sitka will offer more options in pant/sleeve length in the future.  

Krems

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
Randy: Same Size? We'll have to see. Give me a call and lets go kill some stumps this summer.

Preston: Glad to hear you like the Sitka clothing. I'm sorry to hear about the threads coming apart. Sitka is an excellent company and I'm certain if you'd send the pants back they would glaldy repair them. I know that Jason and Jonathan stand behind the products! I know that the 07' line is even better than the 06' so I don't imagine that ever being a problem again. Please contact Sitka and let them know and see if there is something that can be done. We are always looking for ways to improve on the product so we need input (both good and bad).

Krems: Sorry to hear about the "fit" problem. I will certainly pass that along to Sitka. Sitka prides itself on it's comfortablity and ease of use. I am glad you like the 90% jacket! I really love mine. Please remember that Sitka is constantly working to improve and to be a leader. Good luck to ya!

Peter Iacavazzi
[email protected]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©