3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Mountian Gear.....new TG sponsor  (Read 1089 times)

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Mountian Gear.....new TG sponsor
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
I find it hard to believe that the sitka clothing is going to be warmer than wool for sitting in cold weather for long periods of time. i hope it is because I will eventually buy some. Has anyone hunted in 20 degrees or less from treestands with this stuff or is it really made for hunters on the move or warmer temps such as in the 30's?

BD
BD

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
BD,

The orginal Sitka system was more suited for the stop and go type of western stiil hunting and stalking. However the new 07' line has now been enhanced to accomodate the midwestern and nothern and eastern tree stand hunter. I have personally used the Sitka System with the addition of the 90% pants and Jacket in temps less than 20 degrees. I found that with a good warm pair of pac boots and a warm balaclava and wool ski hat I was very warm and comfortable while sitting in below freezing temps with the Sitka System. What I really found to be beneficial was the fact that I stayed as warm as if I were wearing my wool clothing (which I also love) but with much less bulk and restriction of movement. I won't deny the great warmth of heavy quality wool clothing. I will say that the Sitka 90% system combined with a quality warm boot and hat is certainly comparable without the additional weight and bulk.

Best, Peter Iacavazzi

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
"I will say that the Sitka 90% system combined with a quality warm boot and hat is certainly comparable without the weight and bulk".....That's the key to this line of clothing.

Add the fact that it sheds water very well, dries in a fraction of the time, AND(this is a big one for us treestand Whitetailers) you can wash it to keep it as clean as possible and scent to a minimum.

If you use the System,from the inside out,I don't see how it wouldn't be as warm or warmer than anything on the market right now.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
I'm excited about that possibility. Although I have a bunch of the high dollar wool. I'm so bound up sometimes it's hard to move. And if you've ever tried to s l i d e across a pine tree with wool on, you might as well pull apart a 6' strip of velcro.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Do the 90% pants have an insulating layer or just a moisture/vapor barrier like gortex?

Thanks
CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Curt: Well said my friend!

Biggie: I love ya buddy...but I have a hard time seeing you slide around a pine tree...But than again I've grown very fond of seeing you in your underpants while standing in the Milk River...so I guess anything is possible!

CB: I hope this will answer your question. "90% pants, no need to lug your heavy wool pants to the top of the mountains anymore. The 90% pant gives you all the warmth of a wool pant without the weight and bulk. The 90% pant outperforms wool by blocking wind, the two way stretch makes for an easy stride and the "DWR" will not allow this pant to hold water. The Bonded Microfleece inside layers allows them to be worn next to the skin without the itch and irritation of wool. This pant can be washed, eliminating odor build up. The highly breathable polyester face makes the 90% pant the perfect piece for stop and go hunting in hostile weather conditions. Zippered pockets, articulated knees and suspender loops put the finishing touches on the 90% pant for "ALL condition hunting".

When you combine the 90% pant with a good insulating layer such as the Sitka Timberline Expedition bottoms or a good insulating undergarment you have a very warm, comfortable and functional outfit.

I hope this helps, Peter Iacavazzi

Offline Rocky Reimer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
Hey Peter....any place in Georgia where a guy to "touch and feel" the Sitka products...and try the fit too...

I have this mental picture of Biggie sliding down a 6 inch pine tree!!!!....

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
Hey Rocky!

I don't know if there are any locations yet in Georgia. I'll try and find out. Otherwise you can always go over to "Biggies" house and he'll glaldy model them for ya...

Peter

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Hey Peter, Can they put some extra silver in Biggie's briefs?  :)

Offline Rocky Reimer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Thanks allot Peter...and I use to think you were a nice guy!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Denny,

Great idea...But that is alot of silver my friend. I somehow envision "Biggie" becoming the new poster boy for Sitka Gear! I always knew that one day the world would come to know and love the big guy as much as we do...But it took a product that caters to hard charging, hard core, go getting hunters to really unleash the fury known as "BIGGIE". The world may never be the same...

Rocky, come on my friend...are you telling me that you wouldn't enjoy seeing Biggie parading around in a pair of Sitka Briefs?? That is a sight few men may ever know...

Peter

Offline mshane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
Peter,

Maybe I missed it, in the snippit you posted above it talks about the 90% pants being worn next to the skin, so do these pants have the silver lining as well or is it just the base layer garments that have it.

Thanks,

Shane
Is that MY arrow.....

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Shane, The 90% pants can of course be worn next to the skin, but no, they don't have the ATB-100 Silver.

Like you said,just the base Layers:

Mountain Shirt and Timberline  bottoms(expedition wt. base layers)

Summit shirt and bottoms(lightweight base layer)

Summit Zip-T(mid wt. base)

Timberline Hat and gloves....and the Summit boxers

All these have the ATB-100 Silver impregnation
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
Guys,

I just got back from a month of hunting Bighorn Sheep in Colorado.  I have NEVER been so comfortable in the field.  The Sitka Base Layer works like nothing I have ever tried.  Climbing up mountain after mountain, I never got hot or cold.  I did sweat a ton, but always felt just right.  I have tried just about every base layer there is from Under Armor to Wool and I am incredibly impressed with the SG.  All the other pieces worked great, I believe the Mountain Pants are my favorite,  but the base layer would be the first thing on my list if I ws going to be doing any hunting with any activity.  Looking forward to testing it out sitting my keester in a treestand...

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I sell this at my store...anti microbiable , locks this scent in germs out, articulation( moves 4 ways)just were ya need it , in the elbow and Knees of the pants . I stuck the jacket under the slink at work for 3 hours no water went throught the jacket , long sleeve mock shirt , vest , LS under shirt, longjohns, light weight and 90 weight pant , great against abrasion, pockets on the sides so ur back pack straps arent in the way...#1....NOW JUST MAKE SOME BIG BOY SIZES...it seems to run a size smaller ...this is the real deal!!! Marco#78..ATBS sliver was orginaly built for the military for when soldiers got wounded , keeping germs out...great stuff....  :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Allan Hundeby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Where can I buy Sitka Mountain Gear in Canada?  

I want the 90% Jacket (and possibly the 90% Pant) in ASAT.  I know Shewchuk Outdoor Supply is listed as an ASAT dealer in Saskatchewan, but Deryk just emailed a reply saying he wouldn't be getting any Sitka gear anytime soon.    :(
Bow:
62" Bob Lee TD Hunter Recurve: 51# @ 28", Braceheight: 7 3/4"

Bowstring:
Chad Weaver 58.5'' 10-strand DF97 (padded loops); 0.19 HALO serving; rubber silencers & brush buttons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©