3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting Better With The Masters!!  (Read 1117 times)

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shooting Better With The Masters!!
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
Since videoing and watching Masters Of The Barebow 1, I've noticed an improvement in my shooting. I put to use tips from all the shooters. Rod Jenkin's gap system really refined my own aiming technique. We've become good friends and I've gotten some great phone coaching from Rod that helped me a lot! Thanks Rod, you are a true champion.

Anyone else inspired by watching these shooters?

Darryl is working on Volume 2 right now.
Here is the DVD jacket - it is still a work in progress.
  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/Dsturgisjr/MOBB2Web-1.jpg

Offline AllenR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting Better With The Masters!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dsturgisjr:

Anyone else inspired by watching these shooters?

Heck yes!  Especially Rod.

Any estimate of when it will be available?

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Man I cant wait for the second one to come out.  I think I took a little something from all the shooters on the first video.  Everytime I find myself starting to loose form or anything like that I go pop the video in and watch the pros go through the steps again.  I enjoy checking out all the different styles there are.  Keep up the good work Denny and Darryl.  

Denny, do you guys have a E.T.A. on the 2nd video yet?
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Man I really need to learn to type faster.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
How do you get a copy of the first one guys...i could definately use some help on a consistant form.  Kirk

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
denny i get inspired by lots of these videos some of them old like "the moment of truth" watched it last night lol

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
I really liked the Dale Karch and Dean Torges spots. Dean shoots alot like me, and Dale...Wow; that old boy can shoot!
BD

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
I got some help from it as well on a couple different things that were causing my groups to widen.

I also get myself back on track reading Terry Green's stuff here, on the Shooter's Forum. He's got some good ideas and little tips I use when I start getting inconsistent results.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
yessiree! I found that Dale Karch's style of release has improved my shooting a bit. It's kind of a refinement of my previous style, and works great for me. Hey Denny any plans to include a Hill style bow in the new one....maybe?

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
Denny - I really enjoy the Masters Vol 1.  I find I use a combination of the different techniques.  Hold the bow like one, release like another etc etc. But each has something to add for everyone.  

What I enjoy most is just watching them shoot even without commentary and watching the slow motion stuff.

Another thing I really liked was Trish explaining how she got into it and developed her shooting.

Would really like to see you shooting in the next one ..... enjoyed your dance moves and the out-takes.  ;)
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
Good stuff Denny - As soon as Volume two comes out I will own that as well.  I am like Gordy, I gleamed a little from everyone but I guess the two guys I gleamed the most from was Darryl & Mr. LaClair, the Michigan Mafia   :D .

However I am even more anxious for you guys to do Vision Quest 2, that is one of my all time favorite hunting videos.     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
I must be really stupid, cause I didn't get Rod's method. It sure works well for him, and Trish. I very much enjoyed the DVD, and look forward to the next.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
I agree..  By far I got the most from Rod Jenkins segment but the rest were great as well.
And you're right, Rod is a good fella.

Soon as Vol. II is out I'll have to get it as well..

Offline Archersteve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
Don't want to look stupid-but how can you get the first volume???

Offline Oscararrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Archersteve, you can buy it off of 3 Rivers Archery site. I just bought one last week!

Offline Oscararrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
This is a good DVD with several different styles for many people instead of the cookie cutter style for everyone.

I feel like the Frankenstein Archer that will use all the good stuff, works for me with practice, from each of them.

Also, lets not forget about all of the valuable information we learn off of each other on this site! I know I picked up valuable information-keep up the great work.

I'll keep my eye on Volume II as well; I'd like to see some target archers on it as well. It was great to see the network show some of the Olympic Archers in competition during the summer games. Their shooting form was a piece of art work!

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
It really is a great video. I love the fact that the styles vary so much, but no one says "This is the way you should do it." Like many here, I have pulled bits from each. I actually think one of the most helpful parts of the video is at the end when it shows their misses. After watching them thump arrow after arrow into tiny groups, I was about ready to give up. Then when Dean made the perfect ass shot I thought "Hey, I've done that! If these guys can be as good as they are and still blow one once in a while, there just might be hope for me!"

Another tip that helped me was when Gene said he has trouble with plucking the string...boy is that me! I suddenly felt relief that I was not alone. These are truly great archers, yet they are subject to the same foibles as not-so-great archers like me. I have definitely improved my shooting by watching and watching and watching, etc. this video. Heck, I think I'll watch it again tonight, it's been a couple weeks.  :archer:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
If I lived near Rod Id be his new best friend! LOL...that man can shoot   :wavey:    :coffee:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Darryl Quidort

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
I have truly enjoyed meeting and working with all the different shooters on this project.  Each one has been interesting and, surprisingly, I've learned tips that have improved my shooting even from those who use a different method than I do.  An open mind is a wonderful thing.

Vol. 2 will feature some target and tournament shooters that share some new insight on accuracy.  It will also introduce some new faces that share their philosophy on archery and life.  I'm in the editing stages now, but Vol 2 looks like it might be even better than Vol. 1.

Darryl

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
#1 is awsome! can't wait for #2
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©