3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting Better With The Masters!!  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting Better With The Masters!!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
I think Rod's explanation of his shooting style was one of the best gap shooting how-t's I've ever seen. And his results speak for themselves.

Volume I was outstanding. I'm really looking forward to Volume II.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »
Ya,volume 1 was outstanding,learning is an endless process,can't wait to see volume2.
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Chad R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Great Videos. Thanks.  I have really enjoyed watching it and my shooting has improved.  I live near Ron LaClair and he got me started with a Tim Meigs longbow 15 years ago.  Recently I was frustrated with my shooting.  Especially after missing a buck last December.  After reading on the other site about Pat L's switch back to the compound bow because he didn't have time between work and family.... I even dusted off my old PSE compound bow and put a wisker biscuit on it and bought some carbon arrows with blazers for it.  Now I am back shooting my longbow and having a blast.  My accuracy has really improved.  Thanks for a great video.

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
Just wanted to thank both Denny and Darryl for putting the first one together.  For a guy like me who picked up a bow on his own and was living 1 1/2 hours from the nearest archery shop, it really was an invaluable tool.

Is Larry Yein going to be one of the shooters in II?  I can't wait to see a tourney LB shooter!  

Thanks again.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
Watched it again, then went out and shot. It worked, my groups were tight! I guess I probably shoot like a combination of Dale, Gene, Dean and Darryl (not that well of course).

I sure do admire Ron, but there is way too much thinking involved in gap shooting for me. I understand the concept, but I can't seem to make it work for me.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Many Arrows Lost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »
This has totally revolutionized shooting longbows for me.  I have always been mediocre, having good days and bad.  After watching Volumn I over and over I picked up several characteristics that have made me very consistant.  Hurry up with Volumn II  :thumbsup:  .

Ken
Athens, Illinois

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 03:08:00 AM »
I learned quite a bit from the video . I have to say watching ron laclair was the biggest help for me personally all of them were super on there and look forward to seeing #2 .
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline beleg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
Denis,
I love MoBB 1.
Who will be shooting on MOBB?
Thanks
Martin

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Denny & Darryl - I know this thread is about Masters of the Bare Bow, but are there any plans to do a volume 2 on Vision Quest? That is a great video!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
Just food for thought...ya know what would be good a BH tunning DVD...half dozen shooter , wood carbon and alum arras...different cut on contact and weight BHs...love ur videos!!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
I agree, terrific DVD, and can't wait for volume 2!

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
I enjoyed it, learned a bit, laughed a lot. It is a really well done production. Denny - stick to bowhunting and working the camera - you can't dance worth a darn! I got a real kick out of Dean "the perfect A#* shot" Torges. I was particularly impressed with Ron LaClair's and Terry Green's shooting abilities - IMPRESSIVE!
Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
After watching the masters:

I tweaked my grip and anchor point. My attitude is more positive and relaxed. I still use the push/pull draw, but know what to lookout for. Alignment is better. Aiming is more concentrated and intense. I can fight off periods of panic. My equipment is tuned better. I can dance better.

And best of all - TURKEYS ARE EASY     :)    

We don't have plans to do another TVQ right now.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
I tweaked my grip and anchor point.  
So you've got an anchor point now?   :rolleyes:

I can fight off periods of panic  
Even when I pull out the score cards?    :readit: ...   :goldtooth:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
WOW! Seems like after shooting that chicken-sized bearded hen last spring Ron would be more humble. LOL  :biglaugh:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I've always tried to be a humble person Denny, you must bring out the worst in me.   :rolleyes:

As far as my breaded hen...anyone can shoot one of those big Tom's, hens are smaller and harder to hit.   :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Clay Hills Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
I really got a bunch out of the Video.  My favorite pointer was when Ron described maintining the angle of the deep hook through to release.  I started doing that instead of letting my fingers creep open and my anchor got even more confident, and back tension and release both became more consistent.

I also enjoyed seeing how all these veteran shooters use different approaches to achieve consistent accuracy.

Hey Ron, when is shrew III going to be ready?

Bill
Clay Hills Bill

Offline shedhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
ttt   :bigsmyl:

Offline shedhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
hey ron are those "breaded" hens pre cooked????  The best thing I learned from the video is how not to keep arrows in my quiver.. lol

Offline Garry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Denny,

I enjoyed volume 1 and looking forward to volume 2.  

I would really like to see what these archers can do at unknown yardages with the FIRST arrow without a warm up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©