3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Post and Question on Carbon arrows  (Read 321 times)

Offline Mike.s

• Trad Bowhunter
First Post and Question on Carbon arrows
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
First would like to thank all on this site for the knowledge that is past on I would have been lost after a 20+ years break from hunting and shooting bows.
 Well while tunning my arrows beman MFX classics to my bow went from bare shaft and fletched to field points and BH and all is good they do group together but I have noticed that on a couple I may have to rotate the knock point sometimes 180 degrees on some shafts to get them to group better then others and on a couple shafts no matter what I do those shafts do not want to group. So the question is lets say out of a dozen carbons will you ocasionaly find 1 or 2 shafts that will not fly properly after all the tunning?
Thanks Again
Mike
"Retirement 22 days and a wake up but whose counting".
US Army Light Infantry 94-Present
USMC Recon 85-89

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Post and Question on Carbon arrows
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Yes it can happen, I normally number my shafts so I know how they all shoot.

Offline Mike.s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Yea thats what I did but after many hours of driving me crazy so I numbered them and found out it was the same two shafts that would not group with the others. Thanks.
"Retirement 22 days and a wake up but whose counting".
US Army Light Infantry 94-Present
USMC Recon 85-89

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
It can happen but I find it very rare. I shoot Heritage shafts and GT trads and have found them to pretty darn consistent. Shawn
Shawn

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
First, welcome to Trad Gang.  Great place to learn, great place to share your own experiences.

Yes, you can have a few "bad arrows".  It may be an off center insert, a shaft with a weak spot(a manufacturing defect), an arrow or two with very thin cracks, etc.  I recommend carefully inspecting all your arrows, but paying extra attention to the erratic flyers.  You can try changing nocks on the arrows that fly erratically to see if that helps. I have had a few bad nocks before.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©