3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Very light/mobile/quiet Treestand?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
Very light/mobile/quiet Treestand?
« on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
Anybody have any ideas on the ultimate public land treestand...something very light, quiet, quick and easy?
Quinn Stallion Classic 40# @ 29"
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Very light/mobile/quiet Treestand?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »
Loc-on Limit (assuming a hang-on is ok)

Offline grriflesemail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
I have the muddy bloodsport and really like it. I put molle two straps and kidney belt on it. Very nice to carry it

Chris

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Lone wolf

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Lone wolf is so doggon expensive though...

loc on is not an option...will be traveling miles into the woods and may have stand on back for hours checking acorn trees for that perfect tree.
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
They are expensive, but the Lone Wolf Alpha and a set of sticks are the answer you are looking for.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy718:
Lone wolf is so doggon expensive though...

loc on is not an option...will be traveling miles into the woods and may have stand on back for hours checking acorn trees for that perfect tree.
i know what you mean. 400 bucks for a stand is crazy for me.  i have the small lock on grilla and use 3 4' sticks.  i attach the lock on to my backpack with the straps i'll use for the stand. carry the sicks in my right hand and my bow in my right. 90% of my hunting is on public land and i have to use a boat to access it then walk a mile to "my" spots......
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
I think I might like the Lone Wolf Assualt hand climber...where is the cheapest place to get one.  They are $369 at Cabelas.
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
So climber only?

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
stick in my left and bow in my right..... i only have one right hand!
but the chase."

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
I don't see why the Loc On Limit is not an option. Weighs something like 7-8 lbs. I doubt there are too many stands that light. I've used one for years and it's the best I've found.
Jack Shanks

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Lone wolf hand climber....I have had mine so long, it was $189 when I bought it from an Archery Dealer. I know in these times it's hard to spend a lot of money on something like that....but you only have to do it once!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Flyboy718

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jack Shanks:
I don't see why the Loc On Limit is not an option. Weighs something like 7-8 lbs. I doubt there are too many stands that light. I've used one for years and it's the best I've found.
Loc on's in my opinion just take too long to set up as opposed to a climber and it can be rather noisy setting up a loc on...don't get me wrong, I have three loc ons on my private property and think they are the cats meow for bowhunting but on public land for mobility/quietness and long hauls in and out of the woods a climber is the way to go I believe.
Quinn Stallion 50# @ 28"
Quinn Comet XL 30# @ 28"

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
watch the classifieds.... I have seen them go for $200-$250 in excellent condition..... =)  good investment if you ask me!

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy718:

Originally posted by Jack Shanks:
Loc on's in my opinion just take too long to set up as opposed to a climber and it can be rather noisy setting up a loc on...don't get me wrong, I have three loc ons on my private property and think they are the cats meow for bowhunting but on public land for mobility/quietness and long hauls in and out of the woods a climber is the way to go I believe. [/b]
i can put my sticks together and hang my stand and be sitting down with an arrow on the string in less then 10 min.
but the chase."

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
With the Lone Wolf hang-on and climbing sticks, they can be set-up as quickly and quietly as a climber and you can use them in trees that won't work with a climber.  Better option than finding the tree you need to be in, only to discover you can't use it.  The hang-on is also cheaper.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Crash:
With the Lone Wolf hang-on and climbing sticks, they can be set-up as quickly and quietly as a climber and you can use them in trees that won't work with a climber.  Better option than finding the tree you need to be in, only to discover you can't use it.  The hang-on is also cheaper.
Exactly.  Ten to fifteen minutes from finding a tree to sitting in it, and I don't have to walk away from a tree in the right spot because it has limbs sticking out of it.  The only noise problem is exatcly the same one you have with a climber, and that's unpacking everything at the base of the tree.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
Chippewa Makes the smallest lightest treestand I've ever seen-- fits in a daypack! I think it's the "ghost" model......

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
For me it would be the lone wolf hand climber if the area had lots of medium to small trees without much branching.  I don't have one, but I would like one for spots I know it would work for when I head in.

For everything else I use my assault hang on.  I put up stick ladders tied on and hid well in private property areas I hunt. Then I just carry in the stand, climb with it on my back, hang, jump in, and pull up the bow and other stuff.  Reverse process to get out. Way faster and quieter than a climber.  I would just add a set of lone wolf or other light aluminum sticks for public land.  I don’t think that combo would have a whole lot more weight than the climber.

It would not be my thing with my physical condition, but the ultra light way to go would be a set of lone wolf sticks and an assassin platform with or without a sling harness system. That or just the sticks and sling.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©