3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: European skull mount arrowhead plaques??  (Read 220 times)

Online graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
European skull mount arrowhead plaques??
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
who carries arrowhead skull mount plaques? i've been looking around but most of the searches take me to E***. if anybody sells them on here i would rather support them than somebody from another site.. any help/suggestions or pics of y'alls skulll mounts would be great! thanks

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: European skull mount arrowhead plaques??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Barn wood and a 50 cent ring hook.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
4Runner in the sponsors classifieds has them. Great guy to deal with. That's what I'll have if I harvest a buck this year.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »

Like this?

Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Really easy to make if you cant find any. Cut a pattern out of construction paper and trace it onto your lumber. Make sure your skull fits the paper before cutting! This one  I made from a nicely grained piece of ziricote I got from the same wood supplier I get riser woods from. The skull broke so I had to fix it up as as seen, but it would have looked killer with a full european skull. Good weekend project, fun, pretty simple. Go as rustic or detailed as you want, its all good.
I like to make the plaques out of the same woods the bow that took the deer was made out of.....

David M. Conroy

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by YORNOC:
Really easy to make if you cant find any. Cut a pattern out of construction paper and trace it onto your lumber. Make sure your skull fits the paper before cutting! This one  I made from a nicely grained piece of ziricote I got from the same wood supplier I get riser woods from. The skull broke so I had to fix it up as as seen, but it would have looked killer with a full european skull. Good weekend project, fun, pretty simple. Go as rustic or detailed as you want, its all good.
I like to make the plaques out of the same woods the bow that took the deer was made out of.....

You can redo the mount on the plaque that you made.

Mountain Mike's Skull Master will accept that part of the skull  and replace the original skull with a high-grade replica.

I had a skull shattered (by hunting means I won't mention on here) and I had to replace it and mount the antlers.  It's worth the $39 I think. It looks pretty good for a fake skull--like real.

With the "Skull Master" you can cut the antlers off (of use sheds) and mount them.

With the "Record Keeper" you cut the bone from the skull at 90 degrees to fit into the slot and you use epoxy to fill it in to match the skull.

Either way turns out pretty good.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Yup, good idea!I like it.
 My son dropped this one off the stairs. Wow was he upset. I felt worse for him than for me and the skull.
David M. Conroy

Offline LeeBishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by YORNOC:
Yup, good idea!I like it.
 My son dropped this one off the stairs. Wow was he upset. I felt worse for him than for me and the skull.
Here is the "Record Keeper" if the bone is still there between the antlers

http://masterofskulls.com/store/details.php?prodId=53&category=4&secondary=&keywords=  

And here is the "Skull Master" if you want to just mount the antlers and cut them off the bone or if the bone isn't there. It's like $10 cheaper too.

http://masterofskulls.com/store/details.php?prodId=66&category=4&secondary=&keywords=  

I got my skull master for $39 plus shipping.  A lot of sporting good places sell them and on
auction sites.

It looks like you can get the skull master directly from Mountain Mikes for $29. You'd need the "Large" kit for those thick antlers.  I had the universal kit which cost $10 more and it came with a large/medium  plate.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©