3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Barebow Vol. 3 REVISITED  (Read 206 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Masters of the Barebow Vol. 3 REVISITED
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Hunting season has come and gone until the late November blacktail hunt here in Oregon. Most of the hunting season I was focused on the hunt and not the shooting so much. Now that I have some time I pulled out the DVD and watched it again. I had neglected a part of my shot sequence and my accuracy was suffering because of it. Just a good reminder that I, and probably lots of us, need to be reminded and to take a look at ourselves in a mirror or video.
The groups are tight once again. Thanks Rod and  Larry....and Denny for funning around. Almost need a piece of tape for my nose..........
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Barebow Vol. 3 REVISITED
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Its good stuff eh !
It has helped me a bunch .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
That's strange to hear, David! Season come and gone!

We just getting started!  :D  

3 is the best IMO! But I think it was a creation and learning experience, for those involved! Hindsight?

My ? for Larry and Rod, for a time is, What did you guys learn?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
I just pulled out my form master I made to tune up. Got in a little bit of a funk from too much in season practice.

Anyone see #4 yet?  I thought I saw an add for that someplace.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Snag
Great idea!
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
So you went back to the longbow then   :biglaugh:  
Frank, it's real cool to be able to hunt elk every year, but most western states seasons are very early and end early.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Yeah....they leave the rutting bull to the smoke stick guys...they are so handicapped by their inferior weapon that they need to hunt in the rut...    "[dntthnk]"    But that's for another thread.

The one thing that I got away from was not pulling through the shot. I started to rely on a finger release instead of pulling until the string loosed from my fingers. I also am working on my anchor pts. and upon finishing the shot having my string hand relaxed and touching the shoulder while holding the bow in place. I am less apt to hurry through the shot and to commit more fully to the shot this way.

Ryan, yes, I will have to admit the Toelke Whip and the Allen Boice Contender have been seeing some range time.....    :rolleyes:  

Xtrema312, the formaster is how this all started for me. I was putting hunting clothes away and found that old "torture tool".  Put it on my Blacktail and went to the target butt. I found I wasn't pulling as much through the shot as I should. Then noticed some other things.  That spurred me on to revisit Rod's and Larry's advice. I also use it for just pulling the string back to anchor without any fingers to help strengthen the proper back muscles.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©