3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eagle Wing Talon II  (Read 296 times)

Offline J-rod

• Trad Bowhunter
Eagle Wing Talon II
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
I received my Talon from Steve (Sixby) and have been shooting it nonstop since.  I still can't believe the looks and performance of this bow.   The looks of this bow really takes your breath away and then shooting it leaves you even more stunned. Nothing I've owned comes close and I've owned many. Steve builds a true custom bow that is a work of art and an unbelievable shooter.   Enjoy the eyecandy!  

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eagle Wing Talon II
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »
Fantastic....

:thumbsup:

Offline Lincoln Ribeiro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »
Very nice!
``Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'' [S. Beckett]

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
Great! However, even greater that you are thrilled with her.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Top class!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
Very nice!

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Really like it - the checkering is cool!  Not to steal the thread, but can anyone explain to me any differences between belly mounted limbs (don't know if that is what it is called) and standard back mounted limbs on a takedown?  Other than BW, don't see many mounted this way.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Very nice! Hap

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
LimBender- BW,Habu and Jack Kempf build face-mounted bows.

PM sixby and he likely will provide the benefits of this design.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
That riser makes my heart sing!! That maybe the handsomest wood combo and execution I have seen!! Steve U Da Man!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline J-rod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
This is the first I've ever owned with belly mounted limbs. It puts the grip really far forward which is what I was looking for and is really pointable.  Best shooting bow I've had the pleasure to shoot and x2 with what Friend said; Sixby has the answers.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
the geometry when done right brings the limbs perfectly in line with your hand . Not really  in front of the hand but in line with the hand. It makes a bow extremely pointable.

There are a ton of other factors that enter into making this particular bow a great bow and I will probably miss some but one is that most belly mounted bows are not really built to perform well as a belly mount. Seriously,that is why they have such high brace height reccomendations. They have to have that much brace because the limb is not pre loaded to have good stability at a normal brace. As the Talon 11 owners will attest to this bow will stabilize and shoot well from 6 inches to 7 1/2 inch brace height. Most rear mounted bows reccomend a brace of 8 to 9 inches. They miss the early draw weight , get the force curve in the wrong places , middle of the curve is heavy instead of the from the brace to first few inches. ect ect.

This bow has early draw weight, puts the power into the arrow and optomizes the energy of the limb.
This design gains several inches of power stroke which utilizes more limb energy and helps eliminate shock, vibration and noise.

Now you can build a bow , and some have, that is a direct copy and still not get all of this if the limb is not built the same way. It can look like it and still not perform like it.

The bow is cut 3/16 past center and a 1/4 full depth piece of phenolic is placed directly behind the sight window through the entire length of the riser for added strength and flex elimination. This further reduces shock and lost energy.

The 3/16 past center allows for a true center shot and the means that the arrow is not losing a huge amount of energy in extra paradox bending around the bow. It allows for cleaner flight and more speed.,Better penetration on the receiving end. It also allows us to use a much wider variety of spines and arrow weights. Owners attest to that easy tunability and great shooting from light to extremely heavy weight arrows.
There is a lot more but this is long enough for now.
One thing. The Bible tells me that its the little foxes that spoil the vine.
Each time I kill a little fox there is more fruit.
If I gain 1 fps and better overall performance in one place, then repeat that over and over in different place , suddenly I have come from mediocrity to excellence.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
Caccitorie, contemplate how that beauty strip turns from maple in the walnut to walnut in the maple in the window.
Thanks for the complement. You like earth colors. Grin

God bless you , Steve

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Steve builds some of the nicest bows I've ever seen, and the guys that own them, love the performance too.

That bow is absolutely beautiful...congrats  :thumbsup:

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
I'm building the sister to this bow now. The woods are reversed. Same wood. Its kind of a project because its going to be a double carbon limb with yew cores. Should be interesting. I built one of these with the yew for Larry Altizer and it is the smoothest pulling short bow I have pulled.
These 62 in bows are the ticket though in my opinion. I have always loved the longer curves.
God bless you all and thanks for the kind comments.
Again I appreciate those comments but God deserves all the credit. He is my teacher. Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
YAHOOOOOOOO!    If this sister is the bow i think you are talking about I'm going to be a lucky fellow.    :saywhat:  

I thought he was just pulling my leg..... Is this it bro? am i really getting the sister to this one?

Offline Vig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »
Wow.  J-Rod, your wife lets you get away with a camoflauge tablecloth?  Now that's what I call a thing of beauty.

-Vig
-----------
The worst day shooting is better than the best day at work.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 06:00:00 AM »
Beautiful bow sir & it looks to be a shooter.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline mochasam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »
Another pretty bow Steve . I love mine

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Thanks so much for all the kind comments. God has blessed me with great friends. KIrk the sister is your bow.
I've got to relate to you guys a little story. I was talking to Bro. Kirk the other day and he said I just don't like the look of quilt maple. Well he didn't know that I had been working on this sister bow with the most fantastic quilt maple riser I have ever seen. I just about passed out.
Anyway Like it or not, (Christmas won't wait. I don't have time to make him another one and now all of a sudden he is trying to come across like he has had a change of heart about quilt maple. LOL
Sooooooooooooooo, He is getting myrtle limb veneers. Instead of the super fancy quilt maple limbs I had already ground and flamed .
Picky Picky Picky.
Anyway when Kirk said that It shocked me at first and then Istarted laughing.That makes it all go away of course cause laughter is the best medicine and right about then I needed Maloxxxxxxxx!!

God bless you all, Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©