3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow spine question  (Read 156 times)

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow spine question
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:00 AM »
I have 3 bows all setup and shooting the same eastion xx75 arrows ( spine is 1916 shafts ) all are fletched with 3 5 inch feathers and 125 gr points or BH's.  Whait is a suprise to me is that the arrows are 28 inch actual draw the actual length of the arrow is 29 inch. I am shooting  the 3 bows are 1. checkmate firebird 56 inch at 41 lbs  at 28 inch, 2. Martin hunter 62 inch bow at 45 lbs at 28 inch and last bow is a samick Hawkeye 50 lbs at 28 inch... I shoot the bow with tgt points or BH's and I see no difference, but when I check the east chart it would seem is should be shooting as a light arrow 2215 and or 2117 or even 2219... I also have some carbon eastion hunter carbon 400 spine and they fly great as well and weight is very close to the 1916 alum...

Am I missing something and or should the end result be if I am getting good flight with both tgt / bh call it good and forget the charts...
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow spine question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
2215 2117 2219 should be way too stiff(heavy spine) for the bows you are shooting.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »
Bill, I would agree that the 1916 would be a great choice, and the fact that they are all flying good, I wouldn't worry about the Easton Chart.  As Earl mentioned, the others would be way too stiff....

Offline cbCrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
Bill, I think that going with what you are shooting is the way. I have always found that the Easton charts are more of a general place to start and usually are overspined. I think this is because their is not accounting for the center cut of the bow.What I used to do before Stu Miller was take their reccomendation,and since I shot LB's, would minus out 5# for every 1/16" before center. That would get within reason.

Offline Lincoln Ribeiro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
Easton charts are not made for trad bows. It doesn't  consider the amount of center shot, or side plate thickness. For my bows Easton charts give overspined arrows, ever.
``Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'' [S. Beckett]

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
The Easton charts are horribly overspined and always have been.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Shoot what works, dont worry about the charts
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
If you look at most easton charts, and drop down or back at least 2 sections, I should say, you will find that group of spine to be a lot closer to what you will shoot the best.  Been proven over and over again. Look and see on the chart where the 1916 fall in, and you will find them about 2 spine group back.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
thanks all will stickj with my tried and true 1916, they just fly like darts with 100 gr tgt points or muzzy BH....
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©