3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas 2012 - like to join us? openings Unused nonresident tags available  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys, its time to think Kansas!

we have two slots open for the second week of November...
Hunt starts with arrival and begin hunting the evening of the 10th and hunt through the evening of the 16th

Depart early 17th

according to KDWPT

Leftover nonresident deer permits will be sold on a first-come first-serve basis beginning June 18th at 12:01 AM CDT on our website  www.kdwpt.state.ks.us  From the KDWPT home page, select License/Permits or you may purchase by phone 620-672-0728 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CDT, Monday thru Friday.

Unit 10 is ours and there were 575 unused nonresident either sex tags available

If you'd like to join us then its not too late to grab your permit and let's get going after those big bucks!!!!

Need details? email me or call 678-3002883

What others have said-

Yellow Dog

Ouch, got to think real hard on this one. It'll give me something to think about sitting six feet off the ground at Bear Quest 6 in a couple of days

Twitchstick-

If I didn't have too many tags in my pocket this year I'd be there. After talking with Ray on the phone about Kansas a person that had the time to go would be nuts for not going.

Robhood23

Hey Ray,
Please do this again next year! I would have gone this year but we are taking the kids back to disney the 7th through the 14th. I think my wife did this on purpose b/c she knows how crazy I get during the rut!!

------------------------  
Doe tags are available over the counter...as are turkey tags for the fall season. I'm being told these are Eastern turkeys so if you like killing eastern turkeys with a buff -colored tail band you should come just for that alone!

We stay in a 6 bedroom farm house with plenty of room to stretch out- basement for our gear and getting dressed....plenty of room to practice shooting out back.

There's a full kitchen, bathrooms, and a washer and dryer for HUNTING CLOTHES!

We're hunting several other farms also- the main ranch raises organic wheat grass, with corn alfalfa, clover rounding things out.

The land is somewhat hilly...not too bad, with some drainages and small canyons with lots of hardwoods and cedars interspersed.

I've personally never seen game in the numbers we experienced there. Flocks of rio's up to 80 and 90 birds, I would regularly see 10-30 does a night- and bucks. Big, awesome whitetails. We went at the wrong time last year.

The landowner is new to offering hunts- and is not a bowhunter but he knows his whitetails and where they bed, move, and feed. We've adjusted to the first two weeks of November this year to take better advantage of pre-rut movement.

The area is very conducive to both ground blinds and treestand hunting.  And there be giants

The hunts arrive Noon Nov 10th- hunt runs through Friday Nov 16th. Leave early Saturday

This week I have 2 slots left

There is a processor in the area that does an absolutely awesome job with venison- for 60 bucks he'll cut up, grind, package your deer and freeze it for your trip home.

This is 20 minutes outside Lawrence, KS so there's access to shopping, dining out, etc if you've a mind for that but we went grocery shopping and cooked our meals each evening.

The hunt is $1,850 per man. You can bring your own stands and hang them or use the ones that are set up now....or bring your stool. Plenty of natural materials and locations for ground ambushes. Larry and I walked up on a MONSTER when setting a ground blind up for him to hunt out of.  

Read through this thread...and if you are seriously interested, email me and I can give you more details. [email protected]

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ooooh, that's a goodun' for sure!

Bisch

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
WOW-WEYYY!  Good golly he has some kind of rack on him!
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter

Larry Surtees, Matt Yacca, Jared Marinelli, Paul Kimbol, Jed Riddell and I are here for six days of fun first- and trying to get turkeys, songdogs, and Whitetails to come close

The weather is warmer than it should be, there's a drought, a gigantic white and burr oak crop all falling at once it seems but we don't care!

We're in theLand of Giants baby!

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
Get yourself a biggun Ray!
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
Well ray glad ya made it here good luck

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
Ray if Matty drops the string on one of them big boys I will never see "blackie". Good luck guys.
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
how is Larry? I pm'd him and hadn't heard anything back from him. Tell him I hope he is doing well.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh boy fellas!!!!! That buck scares me. Hmmmm, 205"?  Forget about doing any hunting unless you still have time for pics for me to gander at. Good luck to all and hope you make some big antlered memories.   :pray:

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Best of luck to you guys!Go gettem!
Bill

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas 2012 - like to join us? openings Unused nonresident tags available
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
holy #%@&  that buck is huge.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
looks mature  ;)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
We think he's a teenager

Saw one last night at dark that was much bigger in body!

First couple nights I only saw a couple does.

Then Tuesday night a bunch came by me and I picked a real healthy one out and waited

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

30-35 yards and down for the count

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
Nice doe, and best of luck to ya on the rest of your hunt.

WOW, that is a giant whitey!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
Congrats Ray and good luck to the entire group!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
:clapper:
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Everyone has stories and will come on - tomorrow is last day of hunting!

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
You make me jealous.  I miss Kansas.  Gotta move back.  That's my favorite place.  Looks like you're having a good time!
Silence is golden.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©