3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas 2012 - like to join us? openings Unused nonresident tags available  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas 2012 - like to join us? openings Unused nonresident tags available
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
:campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Getting good!   :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
:campfire:
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Offline Bryan pinick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Nice photos guys.....

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
Lovin it!!  :campfire:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Very cool thread how did I miss this one!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Thought I'd throw my $0.02 in here.  We had a great time.  Couldn't ask for a better group to hunt with than the guys who showed up.  Hell I'd hunt with those guys on an iceberg just for the company and the fun we had goofing around when we weren't on stand.

Didn't kill anything, but that turned out to be pretty much beside the point.  Ray got his doe, Larry got a coyote and doe - two really nice shots.  Those 250gr heads he's shooting do a pretty thorough job.

Leaving aside some of the great lines from the mutual harassment society we had going on, the funniest thing that happened was one night I was sitting in a little ground blind I'd built.  Four does came in about 20 yards out.  Being optimistic I decided to wait for a buck that never showed up, but as the does were feeding some bird, who sounded like Satan's parrot let out a bloodcurdling screech.  The does ears and tails went up. It screeched again and they ran out about 30 yards, stood there for a while and apparently concluded that whatever it was was all talk, so they came back down.

The screech was immediately heard again, but the does paid no attention.  That really annoyed whatever it was for about 20 seconds we had "SCREECH" every two or three seconds while the does just kept eating.  I guess whatever it was gave up on scaring the does again, but damn it was funny listening to whatever was really making the noise get more and more frustrated while the does ignored him.

Now if you want to hear something really funny, get Matt to describe his ride in the red Rav4 to you sometime.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Can't wait for the Nov installment!   :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Too funny Paul....I've had stuff like that happen too....its all you can do to keep from busting out laughing.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Sounds like you were in a screech owl's territory-and he wanted you gone.  They can make an eerie sound.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys...check out this thread from last year. Some of our group are going back and we have a total of 10 slots open during two- one week hunts as described in my beginning post.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter

a 'cull' buck, he says

a bruiser eight pointer

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
TTT for the weekenders who missed it

Offline modr

• Trad Bowhunter
Ray, count me in, will give you a call. Ray Reid

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Just heard from Aldo, Ray! Hey Aldo Ray! nobody here is old enough to remember that guy.

Heard from Aldo, you are down for the first week.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice Racks. Are those some yall shot on the hunt Ray? How many big bucks did yall take? All ways wanted to hunt where the big boys live. Just haven't found the time or the right place.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
we went early season, bud...and they had a hundred year burr oak crop that put the kaibosh on all deer movement- I've never seen so many acorns

If you'll read through the thread you'll see we did not take a buck...but saw many...including some real bruisers.

Talk to KSDAN about the property if you want an unbiased, disinterested opinion of what quality of place it is. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you to do that?!!!!!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
six slots left fellas.

Two in the first week, two in the second

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys- this is the real deal.  It will be hard to find better mature whitetail hunting anywhere. I mean that! These deer have food, plots, feeders, lots of big habitat, and age. I have no vested interest other than I have hunted the surrounding area for 14 years. Besides the success of good company and the setting, I am predicting 30-50% PY opps. A couple may even get a look at a genuine BC- they are there.

Besides- I will stop in and say "Hi."  That has got to be worth an extra 25C.  :)

Dan Rudman (Living right here in the paradise!)
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Some awesome pics coming

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©